1. #1 Executions of 7 Saudis Sentenced to Death by CRUCIFIXION and Firing Squad Postponed 
    It's an AP story, so here is the link: http://apnews.excite.com/article/201...DA4QVFSO2.html
    And yes, you read the headline right, crucifixion. On the plus side, at least the perps committed an actual crime, armed robbery. But still, crucifixion? And let's remember that this is a Qur'anic imperative, as the penalties for sowing discord are crucifxion, or the cutting off of the hand and foot from opposite sides of the body. Keep that in mind the next time somebody tells you that Sharia is compatible with western law.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Saudis sentenced to death by crucifixion and firing squad have been postponed

Well...at least it is "and". If it happens.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Next to stoning and crucifixion, beheading and firing squads look pretty merciful.

Not that I approve of any of it, but at least the latter two are relatively quick deaths.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Next to stoning and crucifixion, beheading and firing squads look pretty merciful.

Not that I approve of any of it, but at least the latter two are relatively quick deaths.
    Well, yes, and I suppose that throwing acid in the face of a little girl who wanted to go to school is not as bad as shooting her in the head.

Now that you've gotten your obligatory objection to all capital punishment out of the way, let me point out that crucifixion is an act of barbarism that Islam applies to a multitude of alleged sins, including the "sowing of discord or confusion", which is Islamspeak for criticism of Islam. In those western nations which still have capital crimes, death is reserved for murder or crimes which involve loss of life as incidental to the crime, such as an accidental shooting in a robbery. We don't nail people to a cross for speaking their minds (at least not literally, although DU has it down to an art in the figurative sense).
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Any thing that puts a Muslim 6 feet under works for me, unfortunately many of these victims are not Muslims.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Well, yes, and I suppose that throwing acid in the face of a little girl who wanted to go to school is not as bad as shooting her in the head.

Now that you've gotten your obligatory objection to all capital punishment out of the way, let me point out that crucifixion is an act of barbarism that Islam applies to a multitude of alleged sins, including the "sowing of discord or confusion", which is Islamspeak for criticism of Islam. In those western nations which still have capital crimes, death is reserved for murder or crimes which involve loss of life as incidental to the crime, such as an accidental shooting in a robbery. We don't nail people to a cross for speaking their minds (at least not literally, although DU has it down to an art in the figurative sense).
    I saw The Passion, I know how brutal crucifixion has always been. I'm sure that's why it appealed so much to those who came up with Sharia law, since the Romans used it on their condemned about 600 years before Islam was founded. I'm sure some other culture used it before the Romans.

Why you think that a morbid comment on the relative ease of certain methods of execution means that I would somehow justify throwing acid on a little girl's face is beyond me.

I don't support the implementation of Sharia law, I never have, and as an independent woman, it's the last thing I want to be subject to. I also live in an area with a lot of muslims and I don't hate them. As a Christian, I am called to love my neighbor as myself. That includes muslims. It also includes conservatives.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post

Not when your head is being sawed off rather than chopped off.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Not when your head is being sawed off rather than chopped off.

True enough-Henry VIII made sure that he had a talented swordsman to serve as executioner when he had Anne Boleyn and Katherine Howard executed. He didn't want them to suffer for not giving him male offspring, he just wanted them out of the way so he could try the next available womb of Plantagenet descent.