Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post

"When I want my men to remember something important, to really make it stick, I give it to them double dirty. It may not sound nice to some bunch of little old ladies at an afternoon tea party, but it helps my soldiers to remember. You can't run an army without profanity; and it has to be eloquent profanity. An army without profanity couldn't fight its way out of a piss-soaked paper bag. ... As for the types of comments I make, sometimes I just, By God, get carried away with my own eloquence." - General George S. Patton
    Tex and General Patton ...

I do understand, very well. My dad was a Canadian Sgt. Major in WW2 ... and he also knew how to get his point across.

He used to tell some rather upsetting to hear stories, that involved some of his soldiers (very young men) that were terrified of fighting.

Enough! Some of the incidents would make you cry.

Here's to all that take on the ugliness and reality of serving in the military!

Love you all!
    Last edited by ABC in Georgia; 03-10-2013 at 12:52 PM.
    American By Choice ~ 1980

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    I love how some DU'ers are kind of supported Rand lol I love it!!!
    Rand Paul brought up the questions that real liberals should be bringing up but can't for fear of disloyalty to their Dear Leader.