1. #1 More Proof That What We're Wittnessing From This Administration Is a Tantrum 
    Due to the current fiscal challenges, the Secretary of the Army has approved the suspension of Tuition Assistance (TA) effective 1700 EST Friday, 8 Mar 13. The suspension applies to all components and will remain effect until the fiscal situation matures.

Effective 1700 EST 8 Mar 13, Soldiers will no longer be permitted to submit new requests for Tuition Assistance through the GoArmyEd portal. Soldiers currently enrolled and participating in courses approved for tuition assistance are not affected and will be allowed to complete current
    course(s) enrollment.

Soldiers can continue to access their GI Bill benefits, if applicable (either the Montgomery GI Bill (MGIB) or the Post 9/11 GI Bill), or use another funding sources (i.e. grants, scholarships, or Army National Guard Soldiers using state Tuition Assistance). Soldiers should be encouraged to contact their local education centers for additional information.

Updated information will also be posted to

www.goarmyed.com <http://www.goarmyed.com/> .
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    Due to the current fiscal challenges, the Secretary of the Army has approved the suspension of Tuition Assistance (TA) effective 1700 EST Friday, 8 Mar 13. The suspension applies to all components and will remain effect until the fiscal situation matures.

Effective 1700 EST 8 Mar 13, Soldiers will no longer be permitted to submit new requests for Tuition Assistance through the GoArmyEd portal. Soldiers currently enrolled and participating in courses approved for tuition assistance are not affected and will be allowed to complete current
    course(s) enrollment.

Soldiers can continue to access their GI Bill benefits, if applicable (either the Montgomery GI Bill (MGIB) or the Post 9/11 GI Bill), or use another funding sources (i.e. grants, scholarships, or Army National Guard Soldiers using state Tuition Assistance). Soldiers should be encouraged to contact their local education centers for additional information.

Updated information will also be posted to

www.goarmyed.com <http://www.goarmyed.com/> .
    Meanwhile, will illegals continue to receive tuition assistance and welfare? Will non-veterans? Unlike those entitlements, tuition assistance for military members is part of the enlistement contract. If Obama is unilaterally suspending contracts, he's going to be opening up all sorts of legal fun.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Senior Member Unreconstructed Reb's Avatar
    Where I work we get a daily email with selections from the Operating Experience DataBase (OEDB, nuclear) as part of our normal work routine. Yesterday we had an entry from the NRC about sequestration. They stated that due to the across the board budget cuts, that the Commission would lose $58 million and that some programs would be stopped or phased back. I've been in nuclear power for 25+ years and have never seen anything like this so I did a little research:

1) the NRC's budget was cut $28 million in 2012 and there was no OEDB entry
    2) the $58 million dollar sequestration cut is about 5% of their billion dollar budget; they could probably trim office supplies and come up with that
    3) they recover approximately 90% of their annual budget via licensee fees
    4) the NCR commissioner is an 0bama appointee

The OEDB wasn't written in an alarmist tone but I could see no other reason for it to be sent out than to alarm people.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that you won't need it until they try to take it away."---Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

This president is lower than the wet spot Bill Clinton made on the floor under his desk in the oval office.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Office of POTUS

Due to sequestration, which was caused by evil ReThugs, I'm afraid
    that all USA Nuclear Power Plants will have their cooling systems
    shutdown till further notice. Let me be clear...it's not my fault.
    Now I have a tee time in Hawaii so I have to catch AF1. See ya suckers...
    May the FORCE be with you!