1. #1 American CEO'S - "American Workers Stink" 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Sun Mar 10, 2013, 12:04 AM
    TheMastersNemesis

American CEO'S - "American Workers Stink"

According to article on Huff Post Business Section - American workers lack common sense skills. Look who's talking.

Another excuse to send jobs overseas.
    I still can't believe they haven't caught on to TheMaster...
    May the FORCE be with you!

2. #2 Is this gonna' affect my raise? 
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

American workers do stink for the most part. They want a ton of time off but still want to get paid, they show up late, leave early, take long breaks, have an off the charts sense of entitlement, however, they don't want to do the work that is required for advancement. There are exceptions of course but they are few and far between.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    American workers do stink for the most part. They want a ton of time off but still want to get paid, they show up late, leave early, take long breaks, have an off the charts sense of entitlement, however, they don't want to do the work that is required for advancement. There are exceptions of course but they are few and far between.
    I think that a lot of workers see their paycheck being increasingly more disconnected from their work. There is no reason to trust in the Protestant Work Ethic if neither productivity nor loyalty is rewarded or respected. These days, corporations are telling people to increase productivity to keep their job or their salary rather than to enhance it. Meanwhile, the executives are taking credit for the work and pocketing the money.

I think that every company needs to look at simple and tangible ways to tie pay with productivity. When I was a kid, Sears salespeople were commissioned in the mens department. You didn't have any trouble finding help back then. Unless they have changed, Nordstrom still pays commission and the last time I shopped there (1995) their staff were present and helpful; they even brought shoes out to the parking lot for me to try on when I couldn't walk well enough to go inside.

We need to take a good look at some of our labor laws. Farmers say that they need illegal immigrants to pick vegetables. The leftists keep claiming that the pickers don't make minwage, when in reality they exceed minwage. But because we won't allow people to be paid by the bucket below minwage, then we have excluded a large portion of field labor who can pick half as much as a healthy young man, and are willing to make half as much. I myself cannot pick tomatoes like a pro, but I could put a few hours in and pick some buckets during the harvest. I think a lot of people who couldn't do it 12 hours a day six days a week could do some here and there. We need to accommodate the casual worker. We could even have community harvesting.

20. telling quote

"The emphasis over the past years has been on high tech skills like math and science for workers, but what's missing in the discussion is the ability to communicate and make key decisions at lower levels,"

In other words, all you BASTARD CEOS that love making school cut their arts and music programs are reaping the fruit.
    CEO's cut music programs? Those dudes really are powerful.

Anyway, I don't think learing how to play The Triangle will help me make key decisions later in life.
    Be Not Afraid.

Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    I think that a lot of workers see their paycheck being increasingly more disconnected from their work. There is no reason to trust in the Protestant Work Ethic if neither productivity nor loyalty is rewarded or respected. These days, corporations are telling people to increase productivity to keep their job or their salary rather than to enhance it. Meanwhile, the executives are taking credit for the work and pocketing the money.

I think that every company needs to look at simple and tangible ways to tie pay with productivity. When I was a kid, Sears salespeople were commissioned in the mens department. You didn't have any trouble finding help back then. Unless they have changed, Nordstrom still pays commission and the last time I shopped there (1995) their staff were present and helpful; they even brought shoes out to the parking lot for me to try on when I couldn't walk well enough to go inside.

We need to take a good look at some of our labor laws. Farmers say that they need illegal immigrants to pick vegetables. The leftists keep claiming that the pickers don't make minwage, when in reality they exceed minwage. But because we won't allow people to be paid by the bucket below minwage, then we have excluded a large portion of field labor who can pick half as much as a healthy young man, and are willing to make half as much. I myself cannot pick tomatoes like a pro, but I could put a few hours in and pick some buckets during the harvest. I think a lot of people who couldn't do it 12 hours a day six days a week could do some here and there. We need to accommodate the casual worker. We could even have community harvesting.

Funny thing, Nova, Unions have fought against this type of pay for as long as I can remember.
    I long for the days when our President actually liked our country.