Thread: Beck asks: Where Are The Leaders?

1. #1 Beck asks: Where Are The Leaders? 
    Excellent topic from Glenn Beck's show today. Love him or loathe him, the man gets it.

http://www.glennbeck.com/content/art...cle/198/15714/

*Snippet:

I would like to see John McCain and Obama take a stand, not just go for the press conference, not just go for the quick shots of sitting around the table with everybody but actually lead. Where is the leader? I'll tell you where the leader is. They are all afraid because what we have done is over time we have elected weasels. We have elected people that don't know what they stand for. They don't know what they believe in. I know what I believe. I know it, and I've been tested and I've been thrown up against a wall. So many people have. You probably have been tested, and you're tested through failure. That's the only way you know what you truly believe because once you failed, I bet a good portion of this audience will understand what I'm about to say. When you're laying down on the floor in the fetal position on the carpet of a rat-infested apartment that you can barely afford and your whole life has fallen apart, you got two choices: Life or death. And when you choose life, you know, "Okay, I can't live this way anymore. So what got me here. What do I believe in. What are the things that I actually believe in." I've been in that fetal position. Millions of Americans have been in that fetal position. You may be in that fetal position right now for a myriad of reasons.

Our financial sector is in that fetal position right now. Well, damn it, where are the people who stand up and say "I know what I believe. I believe in capitalism. I believe in the American spirit. I believe in freedom. I believe in the ability to fail and the ability to succeed. I believe in my fellow American. I do not believe in some gigantic global entity that's telling me how to live my life."

The world is about to change, gang. As much as the world changed on September 11th, it is about to change even more. And this time there are no burning towers to alert the people. But that is usually the way evil wins. Evil wins because good people do nothing, and good people do nothing because they don't necessarily see it. I really, truly believe in divine providence. I really believe it. I really, truly believe that you're listening for a reason. Maybe not everybody, but you. Ask yourself, what is the message that I'm supposed to get? What is it I'm supposed to hear? What is it I'm supposed to do? What is it I'm supposed to tell other people? I will tell you what I believe I am supposed to tell you today and that is we are going to make it. It is going to be ugly, it is going to be brutal, but we are going to make it, and the reason why we're going to make it is because of people like you, and you've got to go find more people like you. You've got to go take them by the shoulders today and look them square in the eyes and say, wake up, man; okay, wake up; here it is. You need to stand fast in what you believe. You need to rededicate yourself today to those things that are real. There is a massive storm coming to our shores and you must be the rock. But you've got to ask yourself, what is that rock? What are you built on? Not politics.

Amen to that.
    "Don't vote. It only encourages the bastards." -PJ O'Roarke

Good read. Coincidentally I just had that conversation with a co-worker. It appears to me that most people understand complicated messes like this intuitively. If you ask me to break it down in X's and O's I couldn't do it. I understand the basics just enough to be pissed off and alarmed, but I'm not immobilized.

I guess we will eat this bailout as taxpayers and I don't like it.:mad: I also don't like certain medications yet I take them nonetheless. What's another two or three thousand dollars of tax burden when I already struggle to pay taxes?

Yep, this bipartisan cesspool is going to be painful. At least I'm comforted in the knowledge that 50% of the American voters are ecstatic over the economic mess; DIMS and Libs have wanted, nay screeched for higher taxes and they just got it. Also, what is bad for America is political gotcha opportunity for DIMS/LIBS.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand