Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    That may be true but they will use the wrong standard to establish who is crazy. California does not care if it takes guns away from law abiding citizens as well as the so called crazy, it is the goal of progressives to take all guns.
    You and I agree that the State of California will abuse any law that they can to deny Second Amendment (or any other) rights. But, the risk of abuse of good laws by bad politicians isn't an argument against good laws, it's an argument against bad politicians, which is why I proposed what I did as a ballot proposition to the CA Constitution. Ultimately, no law is immune to abuse if the public is indifferent to how they are governed, and that is the real problem in California. A ballot initiative would galvanize Second Amendment support, while clearly defining a set of specific parameters that the state must satisfy prior to denying anyone of their rights. If it gets to the point where the citizens of California become so indifferent to the abuse of their rights by the politicians and the coastal Progressive elites, then the state will be truly ungovernable, and will become a bastion of tyranny (to a greater extent than it already is).

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    They were showing a quorum in Colorado where this bitch of a state legislator was saying how she believes that any returning soldier should not be allowed to have a firearm because they come back crazy. Thankfully another legislator called her to task for making a blanket statement.
    See above. The bad news is that some of these idiotic laws are going to pass, because there are some places where leftists have enough power to run them through the legislatures and get them signed. New York, Colorado and California come to mind, but we're at the point where those places are rapidly losing any value as homes for anyone who hasn't drank the Progressive Kool Aid. New York and California are especially bad, and they are losing people faster than they can replace them, even given the high numbers of illegal immigrants to both states. The good news is that in those places where they don't have that power, the people can see the true agenda of the Progressives, and within the states where they do pass, these actions tend to galvanize support for conservative candidates. The Progs are setting themselves up for a hell of a backlash at the polls.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    They were showing a quorum in Colorado where this bitch of a state legislator was saying how she believes that any returning soldier should not be allowed to have a firearm because they come back crazy. Thankfully another legislator called her to task for making a blanket statement.
    I know lots of returning vets and I resent the hell out of that. What an ignorant fool!