Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    Why do you need to know? I'm not the one who put Obama over the top. The absolute truth is that my finger aimed for the Romney button, and I scrunched my eyes shut as I hit it, so I wouldn't have to look. Then the machine said I had voted. I didn't vote for Obama the first time based on his lack of experience more than anything else, and I didn't vote for him the second time (I'm pretty sure....) because I didn't approve of some of his policies. But if you want me to say I was crazy, madly, deeply, passionate for a Mitt victory, I can't do that.

Oh, and if YOU want to tell me who YOU voted for, and STATE YOUR REASONS WHY..... Well, I don't give a shit. :)
    Thank you Linda ...
    Curiosity satisfied, and snark ignored!
    American By Choice ~ 1980

Changed my mind ...

Oh, and if YOU want to tell me who YOU voted for, and STATE YOUR REASONS WHY..... Well, I don't give a shit. :)
    Now that you have mastered the "S" word ... (my goodness!) ... try the "B" word on for size, and see how it fits.

Quote Originally Posted by ABC in Georgia View Post
    Changed my mind ...

Now that you have mastered the "S" word ... (my goodness!) ... try the "B" word on for size, and see how it fits.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Ha! Ha! Rock ...

Sorry to disappoint pumpkin, I've had my say. Things to do.

Besides, "Sufficient unto the day is the Evil thereof."

Mathew something, I think. Don't know.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by ABC in Georgia View Post
    Changed my mind ...

Back atcha, babe. Seriously, though, I can't remember the last time I enthusiastically voted for a president. Decades. In the immortal words of W.C. Fields, "I never vote for. I always vote against."
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Back atcha, babe.
    Mea culpa!

I am a indeed a "B" word ... and further more, am proud of it, I'll have you know!

All English women are "b"s from time to time, is in our DNA! Am not as bad as my evil old mother-in-law was however!

This time MUST, MUST, go!

See ya!

Seriously, though, I can't remember the last time I enthusiastically voted for a president. Decades. In the immortal words of W.C. Fields, "I never vote for. I always vote against."
    We're in agreement here, at least about the last 2 elections. I liked Bush (both father and son) and proudly voted for them. I didn't care that much for McCain nor Romney, but held my nose and voted. I liked Romney more than McCain. It is a sad commentary that we always seem to have to choose the lesser of two evils.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    It is a sad commentary that we always seem to have to choose the lesser of two evils.
    Or the evil of two lessers. I think the system has evolved to a point where really quality people refuse to get involved with it. All those debates, all the scrutiny and nitpicking for at least two YEARS before the election - who wants that, unless they are incredibly self-involved and ego driven? I don't know the solution to this. The Brits manage to call and have an election within eight weeks or so, but that's because they already have a party succession structure in place - and the Republicans already do that. It's how the GOP ends up with such uninspiring candidates a lot of the time - because it's the guy's "turn".
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Or the evil of two lessers. I think the system has evolved to a point where really quality people refuse to get involved with it. All those debates, all the scrutiny and nitpicking for at least two YEARS before the election - who wants that, unless they are incredibly self-involved and ego driven? I don't know the solution to this. The Brits manage to call and have an election within eight weeks or so, but that's because they already have a party succession structure in place - and the Republicans already do that. It's how the GOP ends up with such uninspiring candidates a lot of the time - because it's the guy's "turn".
    The reason for all of the obsessive campaigning is that the stakes are so high. The president presides over a $3.6 trillion enterprise that controls increasingly vast swathes of our nation. That kind of power is a huge lure to unscrupulous power-hungry narcissists, such as Obama, while the process repels those who are not self-absorbed power freaks who have anything questionable in their backgrounds. The last president that I can recall who saw Washington as the problem, and made it his mission to get as much federal power out of our lives as possible was Reagan, and before him, Coolidge.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!