Thread: A new Pope...

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    I don't think that Lanie sharing an opinion warranted such a visceral reply, NJ. People here still have the right to be mistaken.
    No, she acts like a know it all and then I tried to correct her and she got smug again so I put her in her place.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Funny that he's a Jesuit and takes the name of a Franciscan...not any Franciscan, THE Franciscan.

Who doesn't like St. Francis? He was a gentle saint who preached to animals.

A lot of protestants like the Prayer of St. Francis: "Lord, make my an instrument of thy peace....".

I would not expect the Catholic Church to pick a pope that isn't conservative on social issues.

I heard some really good things about the new pope, from his time as Bishop in Argentina-humble kinds of things. He lived in a regular apartment rather than the traditional Archbishop's palace in Buenos Aires, he rode the bus instead of riding in a limo, and cooked his own meals. I think that the kind of person who chooses to forgo all the opulent trappings of his position, however beautiful and traditional they may be, is the kind of person who average people can relate to because they will know that he understands them.

3. #33 A new Pope... 
    No, she acts like a know it all and then I tried to correct her and she got smug again so I put her in her place.
    I'm sure Jesus would have done the same. Carry on.
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    I'm sure Jesus would have done the same. Carry on.
    Don't like my posts, guy, don't read them. It really is that simple you know.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

5. #35 A new Pope... 
    Don't like my posts, guy, don't read them. It really is that simple you know.
    Brilliant.
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

Sonnabend
    With this seqestration, maybe there's a shortage of tinfoil

The Italian Pope who wasn't.........
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be.

No, genius. You said that you knew the pope would be Catholic so either you're joking or you're too stupid to know that the pope is the head of the Catholic church hence the pope is going to be Catholic. As for priests being able to marry, I take it you're not Catholic. There is a commitment in becoming a priest. Only in liberal land do the goalposts need to be reset in order to fit their worldview. And, finally, since you decided to be even more stupid with your last line, considering that there was no such thing as the Catholic Church before or during Christ's life, your statement is moot.

Nice to know you put me in my place. It's sooooo manly.

And yes, it was a joke. You need to learn how to read one. I actually ripped it off of a conservative friend of mine online.

The whole idea about Jesus coming down was 1) To be saved/redeemed and 2) To no longer live by legalism.

This idea that a priest suddely can't get married anymore is more legalism, not less.

Has it ever occured to you that some things might have been made up by man and not God? God doesn't want us to rebell, but he doesn't want us to be mindless either.

And yes, I am Catholic. First, I converted back to Christianity after years of absence (not excusing my behavior, but people like you didn't help lead me back, and you probably won't help lead others back either). Then, I realized that the church wasn't supposed to be split, so I joined the RCC. I also liked that the RCC seemed to value thinking more than the other denominations I had been in the past. Nice to be proven wrong about that at times.

Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    Lanie isn't being mistaken...she's just being her usual anti-religion hateful self.

After this many years it's no accident she's this clueless about faith.
    How does having an opinion make me anti-religion?

Do you agree with everything your denomination says?

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    How does having an opinion make me anti-religion?

Bridget...your misconseptions and twisted ideology that religion should bend and adapt itself to YOUR liberal worldview are well known.

You never say things as an opinion anyway.

You have an annoying habit of stating thigs as fact and getting pissy when we don't agree with you.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.