Thread: A new Pope...

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 75
  1. #51  
    Politically tired.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,623
    Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    You support gay marriage and abortion.

    You're about as "close" to God as I am to Obama.
    I think that's God's call, not yours.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #52  
    Power CUer noonwitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Warren, MI
    Posts
    11,862
    Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    There's that projection again.





    You don't believe in whole sections of the bible. It's not a menu at McDonalds that you get to pick and choose from.

    The mistake you and the rest of the mindless Libtards make is that you demand the Bible bend to your ever changing political worldview...and that's just now how it works.


    This has been explained to you COUNTLESS times in the past and it never gets through to you.

    Every denomination in Christianity picks and chooses which Bible verses have more of a moral imperative than others. There is even difference between two or three denominations within Christianity and the rest over what writings even constitute the Bible. There are also differences between the various biblical translations out there. For example, the KJV uses the term "abomination" to describe both sexual acts between men and the eating of shrimp. Modern translations choose a different word for the eating of shrimp.

    Then there's the whole pre-trib rapture vs post trib rapture vs no rapture arguments that protestants have been having since at least Darby's days, probably longer.

    Lanie and I can disagree with other Christians about whether gays should be allowed to marry, whether a pastor should only be an unmarried male, and who (if anyone) qualifies for the rapture and still be Christians, as long as we accept that we need a savior and that Jesus is that savior. You might not like it, but in the long run, it is not you who decides who is and who isn't a Christian.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #53  
    Politically tired.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,623
    Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    There's that projection again.





    You don't believe in whole sections of the bible. It's not a menu at McDonalds that you get to pick and choose from.

    The mistake you and the rest of the mindless Libtards make is that you demand the Bible bend to your ever changing political worldview...and that's just now how it works.


    This has been explained to you COUNTLESS times in the past and it never gets through to you.
    You don't appear to believe in the part about loving your neighbor as yourself, or the parts about a gentle tongue being better than a rough one. Are you okay with divorce?

    You don't see me saying you're not a real Christian (even though I have lectured). It's God's call. It's not mine or yours.

    on edit: I wouldn't say I don't believe in something. I would say I'm interpreting it a little bit differently than you. Sorry if that makes you crazy.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #54  
    Senior Member Eupher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mizz-uhr-ah
    Posts
    474
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Every denomination in Christianity picks and chooses which Bible verses have more of a moral imperative than others. There is even difference between two or three denominations within Christianity and the rest over what writings even constitute the Bible. There are also differences between the various biblical translations out there. For example, the KJV uses the term "abomination" to describe both sexual acts between men and the eating of shrimp. Modern translations choose a different word for the eating of shrimp.
    ...snip...

    Translations of the Bible, and the differences between them, are inevitable. They happen despite the best intentions of the translators to get it right from either the original Hebrew (Septuagint) and the Greek (NT) or even more contemporary translations.

    While I'll agree that men decided which books would comprise the Bible, those decisions were predicated on the process having been inspired by God. I struggle with this concept myself, but I digress.

    The bolded statement is what I can't endorse, however.

    Any Bible study I've ever taken part in, irrespective of translation and passage, has been approached with the idea of attempting to understand God's word.

    I've seen different translations studied just to determine what, if any, the subtle differences were.

    I don't think there's a lot of judgment being exercised with that other than a sincere desire to understand what God is telling us.
    U.S. Army, Retired
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #55  
    Senior Member txradioguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Bavaria
    Posts
    7,223
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Every denomination in Christianity picks and chooses which Bible verses have more of a moral imperative than others.
    You're wrong.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

    Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

    To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

    The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #56  
    Senior Member txradioguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Bavaria
    Posts
    7,223
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    You don't appear to believe in the part about loving your neighbor as yourself, or the parts about a gentle tongue being better than a rough one.
    I do believe that. Doesn't say I have to agree with or condone their actions that run counter to the Bible.

    And if you think I've engaged your drivel with a "rough tongue"...you'd be shocked and what I delete from my posts to you.

    Are you okay with divorce?
    Strawman.

    You don't see me saying you're not a real Christian (even though I have lectured). It's God's call. It's not mine or yours.
    I've never tried to make the determination. You're right it's God's call. And you're very proudly going against things and supporting things that God has clearly said are a sin.

    Like I said...you're not allowed to just pick and choose which parts of the Bible you're going to adhere to as it fits your twisted view of the world.

    on edit: I wouldn't say I don't believe in something. I would say I'm interpreting it a little bit differently than you. Sorry if that makes you crazy.
    No you're interpreting thigns wrong...completely and utterly wrong.

    And it's gonna take more than your misguided idiocy to ever drive me crazy. Sorry.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

    Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

    To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

    The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #57  
    Drive-by Poster ABC in Georgia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    2,430
    Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    You support gay marriage and abortion.

    You're about as "close" to God as I am to Obama.
    100% in agreement with you!

    =========================

    Lanie, two questions for you.

    (1) Without quoting verses from Leviticus, in ALL versions of the Bible re homosexuality ...

    Do libs really think God is OK with same sex "marriage?"

    (2) To my admitted inferior knowledge, there is nothing in the Bible that refers to "abortion" per se ...

    But ... libs that call themselves Christians, do they really think that Jesus would be OK with killing life in the womb, especially if used as a form of birth-control, or worse yet ... as a woman's right to do with her body as she chooses?

    In my opinion, libs who believe in abortion and same sex marriage ... and also think of themselves as Christians, had better be prepared to make up their minds on where they stand ... before they meet their Maker.
    American By Choice ~ 1980
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #58  
    Politically tired.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,623
    Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    I do believe that. Doesn't say I have to agree with or condone their actions that run counter to the Bible.
    So, why can't you say you don't condone an action without insults? Do you really think God is okay with insults? You called me a "scrunt." You wait until I do "bad" so you can lay into me. Truth is, I don't think you care about what my beliefs are. I think you have a rage against me that's been going on since 2008 (before the election, not after). Maybe 2007. It all started when certain stuff went down, and you never got over it. You never forgave me for it. The truth is you treated me better when I was an agnostic, pro-choice, socialist. That's the truth. It's not so much that you treat me bad. Bailey treats me bad. So have others at times. We were never buddies, but you never treated me as hateful as you do now. It is totally personal for you. You're not just trying to piss me off. It's personal. I know the reason why. It's got nothing to do with politics, religion, or so forth. The truth is you've had a rage against me for years over something that happened years ago. You never got over it. You don't even care about my beliefs, do you? Admit it.

    Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    And if you think I've engaged your drivel with a "rough tongue"...you'd be shocked and what I delete from my posts to you.
    My case in point. Tx, I don't have all these angry thoughts toward you on a 24/7 basis the way that you do me.


    Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    Strawman.
    No, it isn't. Why is homosexuality so much worse than divorce, remarriage, pre-marital sex, gambling, getting drunk, etc? BTW, if I ever did adopt the idea that homosexuality was wrong (which btw, wouldn't make you happy because you'd still be raging against me), I'd probably adopt all the other ideas. It would only be logical to me.


    Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    I've never tried to make the determination. You're right it's God's call. And you're very proudly going against things and supporting things that God has clearly said are a sin.
    No, I'm not. God is the reason I've made the decision not to be celibate. God is the reason I changed my mind about abortion. Not quite sure how to make that argument since it would never fly in court, but I'm developing ideas. Oh, and yes, I really am pro-life. You're saying I'm pro-choice over and over simply isn't true. You can own your own opinions, but you can't own your own facts.

    Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    Like I said...you're not allowed to just pick and choose which parts of the Bible you're going to adhere to as it fits your twisted view of the world.
    I agree, which is why I pray about it.


    Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    No you're interpreting thigns wrong...completely and utterly wrong.
    Good to know. lol.

    Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    And it's gonna take more than your misguided idiocy to ever drive me crazy. Sorry.
    Maybe, but you don't act like it. You don't act like somebody who loves your neighbor. You don't act like somebody who cares about something other than your rage at times.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #59  
    Politically tired.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,623
    Quote Originally Posted by ABC in Georgia View Post
    Lanie, two questions for you.

    (1) Without quoting verses from Leviticus, in ALL versions of the Bible re homosexuality ...

    Do libs really think God is OK with same sex "marriage?"

    Depends on the liberal. For me, it started out years ago struggling with the concept of homosexuality being a sin because I couldn't understand why. I was still trying to hold on to my faith in college when one of the Republicans were trying to get the PRIDE group defunded. I went to a meeting about supporting the PRIDE group and met some of the homosexuals, the people supposedly out to destroy the family. One of them was crying about never being accepted anywhere and always being thrown out of places of worship. I just couldn't believe they were out to harm people. Between a lot of issues, I left my faith for a while.

    My main thing is that I don't want to see gays get hurt. A liberal minister can perform a ceremony. No problem. That's not what this is about. I want to see gay couples have the same rights to each other that we have. Benefits, joint taxes, power of attorney (without having to hold on to a piece of paper for dear life), bad credit. Nowhere in the bible does it say that marriage is about that. Humans came up with that. So, why not let gays have the same benefits that the bible never said to deny them of?

    One thing that catches my attention about the bible is the context of speaking about homosexuality. Sodom and Gomorrah were rapists. Hardly anybody wants to point that out. Paul describes homosexuals who burned for lust for each other. That's not love or commitment. History says that homosexuality used to be associated with stuff like the Greeks. Greeks would have their young sons learn to have sex on an older man. Of course that's disgusting. That's not love. That's not commitment. That's just disgusting. I can totally understand why somebody would say that's worthy of death.

    So, that's my take on the Bible and homosexuality. That and the feeling I can't shake off that it's wrong to deprive gays of what others have.


    Quote Originally Posted by ABC in Georgia View Post
    (2) To my admitted inferior knowledge, there is nothing in the Bible that refers to "abortion" per se ...

    But ... libs that call themselves Christians, do they really think that Jesus would be OK with killing life in the womb, especially if used as a form of birth-control, or worse yet ... as a woman's right to do with her body as she chooses?

    In my opinion, libs who believe in abortion and same sex marriage ... and also think of themselves as Christians, had better be prepared to make up their minds on where they stand ... before they meet their Maker.
    First thing's first. Tx is full of if here. I'm not pro-choice and haven't been for a while. He's saying what he's saying because he either a) hates my guts and can't stand the idea that I might have changed or b) Just flat out wants to lie about me because he hates me. He's so full of rage against me, it's not funny. But no, I'm not pro-choice. The change began when I started substitute teaching in special ed, working with some of the people considered to be okay to kill in the womb. That was the beginning of the end. I could tell a very long story about that. But truth is I've given money to a couple of pregnancy centers. I'll be doing it again at the end of the month because I've been on a cursing fast. Every cuss word costs me, and I have to pay up at the end of Lent. lol. I haven't got to do it often, but I have participated some in the 40 Days for Life. I'm usually not into anti-abortion activism, but when I read how much abortion gets reduced during that, I got excited. I didn't want to talk in public about it because according to the bible, I'm not supposed to. However, this fine, upstanding Christian man keeps pushing me against the wall. What he's saying is not true.

    The bible makes some references. The strongest one in favor for the pro-choicer's side is in Exodus. It says that if the man kills the woman in a fight, he dies. However, he only pays a fine if he only kills the unborn baby. Makes it sound like the mother is more important than the bible.

    However, there are other verses talking about God knowing people in the womb, before the womb, etc. I find those ideas to be really awesome.


    I think God judges people based on what they know verses what they don't know. I think if a person really believes the unborn is not a person, then I really don't think God will send them to Hell. Sin is about purposely doing wrong. Then, you have the people who think more harm is done by making abortion illegal, but are personally pro-life. Not sure how God will judge that. I think it's still about their hearts. Now, there are some people who are hardened of heart, and don't care much if it's a baby or not. I think that's when the soul might be in trouble.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #60  
    Senior Member txradioguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Bavaria
    Posts
    7,223
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    So, why can't you say you don't condone an action without insults?
    What insults?


    Do you really think God is okay with insults?
    Probably not...but I'm not perfect...no man is.

    You called me a "scrunt."
    And? I'll do it again if I think that's what you're acting like. I make no apologies for what I said and I stand by it.

    Deal with it.

    You wait until I do "bad" so you can lay into me.
    No jsut when you say something stupid. Which is pretty much every time you post.


    Truth is, I don't think you care about what my beliefs are. I think you have a rage against me that's been going on since 2008 (before the election, not after). Maybe 2007. It all started when certain stuff went down, and you never got over it. You never forgave me for it. The truth is you treated me better when I was an agnostic, pro-choice, socialist. That's the truth. It's not so much that you treat me bad. Bailey treats me bad. So have others at times. We were never buddies, but you never treated me as hateful as you do now. It is totally personal for you. You're not just trying to piss me off. It's personal. I know the reason why. It's got nothing to do with politics, religion, or so forth. The truth is you've had a rage against me for years over something that happened years ago. You never got over it. You don't even care about my beliefs, do you? Admit it.
    You're the only one carrying a chip over any of that. Which is obvious because you keep bringing it up...repeatedly.

    And you better back up 3 years on when my problems started with you. 2005 when I joined and saw they let a mouth breathing Libtard like you post here...I had a problem with you and your idiocy.

    And as long as you post here I'll have issues with and continue to point out your stupidity.


    My case in point. Tx, I don't have all these angry thoughts toward you on a 24/7 basis the way that you do me.
    And yet you can't let go of things that happened 5-6 years ago. You rail agaisnt EVER replying to any post I make...yet here you are. Longwinded and babbling over..well...stuff you can't seem to get over.



    No, it isn't. Why is homosexuality so much worse than divorce, remarriage, pre-marital sex, gambling, getting drunk, etc? BTW, if I ever did adopt the idea that homosexuality was wrong (which btw, wouldn't make you happy because you'd still be raging against me), I'd probably adopt all the other ideas. It would only be logical to me.
    You think WAY to highly of yourself...if it make you somehow feel better about yourself and boosts your self esteem to think I obsess and rage 24/7/365 over every word you type...*shrugs* whatever makes you happy.

    Fact of the matter is you could get hit by a bus tomorrow and my life would go on without pause.



    God is the reason I've made the decision not to be celibate.
    God is the reason I changed my mind about abortion. Not quite sure how to make that argument since it would never fly in court, but I'm developing ideas. Oh, and yes, I really am pro-life. You're saying I'm pro-choice over and over simply isn't true.
    Since when? I'm calling bullshit on that one.



    You can own your own opinions, but you can't own your own facts.
    There you go projecting again. You do nothing BUT post opinions on here and treat them as fact. You're a liberal...that's all you've got.

    And you're reaction to the facts are long winded diatribes like what you just posted.


    What you know about religion could fill a thimble. And it's all based in Liberal dogma and propaganda.

    And this bears out everytime you say something stupid about religion or the Bible and get pwn3d by someone who actually KNOWS about the scriptures.


    I agree, which is why I pray about it.
    Yeah...sure.




    Maybe, but you don't act like it. You don't act like somebody who loves your neighbor. You don't act like somebody who cares about something other than your rage at times.
    You have this fixiation on rage. Are you giving us a glimpse into your own self via projection? Am I about to get another PM saying I need professional help for my "rage"?

    Bridget you don't elicit rage or anger in me...you cause me feelings of pity towards you and your twisted view of the world. And more times than not...a bit of laughter at the innane things you say.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

    Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

    To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

    The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •