Thread: A new Pope...

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 75
  1. #41  
    Politically tired. Lanie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    4,654
    Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    Bridget...your misconseptions and twisted ideology that religion should bend and adapt itself to YOUR liberal worldview are well known.

    You never say things as an opinion anyway.

    You have an annoying habit of stating thigs as fact and getting pissy when we don't agree with you.

    I didn't present my opinion of allowing priests to marry as fact and I haven't tried to make religion bend to my ideas. I've given up certain things as ideas after converting back, tx. I'm just still a thinker. I think God likes it when we think.

    You didn't answer my question. Are there things that you don't agree on in your denomination? If so, does that mean you're trying to make your denomination bend to your ideas?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #42  
    Senior Member Eupher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mizz-uhr-ah
    Posts
    533
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    I didn't present my opinion of allowing priests to marry as fact and I haven't tried to make religion bend to my ideas. I've given up certain things as ideas after converting back, tx. I'm just still a thinker. I think God likes it when we think.

    You didn't answer my question. Are there things that you don't agree on in your denomination? If so, does that mean you're trying to make your denomination bend to your ideas?
    Um, no.

    God likes it when we draw close to Him. The capacity to think is just a gift He gives us.

    YMMV.
    U.S. Army, Retired
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #43  
    Senior Member txradioguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Bavaria
    Posts
    7,825
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    I didn't present my opinion of allowing priests to marry as fact and I haven't tried to make religion bend to my ideas. I've given up certain things as ideas after converting back, tx. I'm just still a thinker. I think God likes it when we think.
    Well, the trouble with you is not that you're ignorant; it's just that you know so much that isn't so

    You didn't answer my question. Are there things that you don't agree on in your denomination? If so, does that mean you're trying to make your denomination bend to your ideas?
    Besides being a strawman...this matters why?
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

    Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

    To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

    The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #44  
    Senior Member txradioguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Bavaria
    Posts
    7,825
    Quote Originally Posted by Eupher View Post
    Um, no.

    God likes it when we draw close to Him. The capacity to think is just a gift He gives us.

    YMMV.
    QFT
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

    Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

    To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

    The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #45  
    Politically tired. Lanie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    4,654
    Quote Originally Posted by Eupher View Post
    Um, no.

    God likes it when we draw close to Him. The capacity to think is just a gift He gives us.

    YMMV.
    And I do draw close.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #46  
    Politically tired. Lanie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    4,654
    Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    Well, the trouble with you is not that you're ignorant; it's just that you know so much that isn't so
    And the trouble is you all act like Pharasees.

    Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    Besides being a strawman...this matters why?
    Challenging your one true scotsman argument. Just because you disagree with the denomination on something doesn't mean you aren't a true Christian.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #47  
    Senior Member txradioguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Bavaria
    Posts
    7,825
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    And I do draw close.
    You support gay marriage and abortion.

    You're about as "close" to God as I am to Obama.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

    Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

    To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

    The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #48  
    Senior Member txradioguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Bavaria
    Posts
    7,825
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    And the trouble is you all act like Pharasees.
    There's that projection again.



    Challenging your one true scotsman argument. Just because you disagree with the denomination on something doesn't mean you aren't a true Christian.
    You don't believe in whole sections of the bible. It's not a menu at McDonalds that you get to pick and choose from.

    The mistake you and the rest of the mindless Libtards make is that you demand the Bible bend to your ever changing political worldview...and that's just now how it works.


    This has been explained to you COUNTLESS times in the past and it never gets through to you.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

    Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

    To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

    The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #49  
    Senior Member Bailey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    6,154
    Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    You support gay marriage and abortion.

    You're about as "close" to God as I am to Obama.
    You are right you can't pick and choose what parts of the bible you can follow and she doesn't realize you can't be a Christian and believe in abortion and gay marriage
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #50  
    Drive-by Poster ABC in Georgia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    2,799
    Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post


    You don't believe in whole sections of the bible. It's not a menu at McDonalds that you get to pick and choose from.
    She could always try ordering:

    "A large guilt-free Genesis, a small New Testament, and hold the Revelations, please! And ... oh yes, an extra large Koolaid to go, thanks."
    American By Choice ~ 1980
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •