Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 NJ Mother Pressured to Turn Over Her Guns 
    NJ Mother Pressured to Turn Over Her Guns, Charged With ‘Terroristic Threats’ After Reading the Constitution at Tax Dispute Assembly
    Mar. 12, 2013 4:15pm Erica Ritz

Key Points:

Eileen Hart objected to a state re-evaluation of her property value that would drastically increase her tax rates
    She read the Constitution at a tax dispute forum and called one of the appraisers a “pencil-pusher”
    One of tax officials called 911 saying Hart threatened to return with a gun, but she unequivocally denies the claim
    Hart was charged with making “terroristic threats” and told that if she didn’t turn over her weapons, her bail would be prohibitively high and it was unclear how long she would have to remain in jail
    Read More>http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013...pute-assembly/
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    NJ Mother Pressured to Turn Over Her Guns, Charged With ‘Terroristic Threats’ After Reading the Constitution at Tax Dispute Assembly
    Mar. 12, 2013 4:15pm Erica Ritz

Key Points:

Eileen Hart objected to a state re-evaluation of her property value that would drastically increase her tax rates
    She read the Constitution at a tax dispute forum and called one of the appraisers a “pencil-pusher”
    One of tax officials called 911 saying Hart threatened to return with a gun, but she unequivocally denies the claim
    Hart was charged with making “terroristic threats” and told that if she didn’t turn over her weapons, her bail would be prohibitively high and it was unclear how long she would have to remain in jail
    Read More>http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013...pute-assembly/
    Sounds like a false charge, followed by harassment. Before they issue any warrant, there ought to be some documentation of the threat (don't they record these meetings), and if not, then there ought to be witness testimony as to whether the threat was made. If the tax official cannot satisfy the burden of proof, then the police need to look at him for issuing a false report and false arrest.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Sounds like a false charge, followed by harassment. Before they issue any warrant, there ought to be some documentation of the threat (don't they record these meetings), and if not, then there ought to be witness testimony as to whether the threat was made. If the tax official cannot satisfy the burden of proof, then the police need to look at him for issuing a false report and false arrest.
    This is the beginning.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.

I'm going to have to quit reading the news, the crazy are in the government and will soon be unrestrained, it is hard to watch this helplessly.

Oh and just a note; I wouldn't say in a post that this or that is driving you crazy or nuts or anything that could be read to that effect or you might have a swat team show up for your guns, our governments local and federal are out of control and crossing the line.

Oh and just a note; I wouldn't say in a post that this or that is driving you crazy or nuts or anything that could be read to that effect or you might have a swat team show up for your guns, our governments local and federal are out of control and crossing the line.
    I wouldn't say it on a cell phone either... big sis is listening.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Now where is the ACLU fighting for her rights?

Seriously, though, this is basic intimidation pure and simple. She needs an excellent lawyer. I wonder if someone will set up a fund for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    Now where is the ACLU fighting for her rights?

Seriously, though, this is basic intimidation pure and simple. She needs an excellent lawyer. I wonder if someone will set up a fund for her.
    This is such a blatant violation of her rights that you would think Legal Zoom could get her off.

This is such a blatant violation of her rights that you would think Legal Zoom could get her off.
    Depends on how afraid they are of getting caught in the middle of a political hit.

I didn't realize how close this is to me. Gloucester county is only about 30 minutes from me. They don't say what town in the story but based on the complaint it looks like Elk Township.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.