Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Senate committee approves assault weapons ban 
    WASHINGTON – DEVELOPING ...

The Senate Judiciary Committee has approved a bill that would renew and strengthen the assault-weapons ban. The bill, which passed on a tight 10-8 vote, now heads to the Senate floor where it faces an uphill battle.

ORIGINAL STORY ...

Senate Democrats are poised to pass a renewed and strengthened assault-weapons ban out of committee Thursday as part of a package of measures advancing to the floor, but are appealing to President Obama to help battle opposition from Republicans and gun-rights supporters.

The Senate Judiciary Committee, after advancing bills earlier in the week to enact near-universal background checks and combat gun trafficking, on Thursday morning will take up what is arguably the most controversial measure drafted since the Newtown, Conn., shooting.

Sen. Dianne Feinstein's effort to revive an assault-weapons ban, as well as a ban on large-capacity magazines, has revived a tense debate over gun rights in Washington and across the country. The panel seemed likely to approve the measure Thursday on a party-line vote. But once it reaches the full Senate -- probably in April -- the measure faces heavy opposition by Republicans and some moderate Democrats, as well.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...t-weapons-ban/
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

It'll never pass and if it does, it will be challenged in the SCOTUS.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    It'll never pass and if it does, it will be challenged in the SCOTUS.
    IMO if it doesn't pass...it's just more motivcation for 44 to totally bypass Congress (again) and just EO the ban into effect...then dare the House to challenge it's validity.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    IMO if it doesn't pass...it's just more motivcation for 44 to totally bypass Congress (again) and just EO the ban into effect...then dare the House to challenge it's validity.
    And that too would be challenged in the Supreme Court. He can't issue executive orders against the Constitution. He can try but he will fail.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Even if it did pass the Senate (and I don't think it will), it would never get through the House.

You need to see the tape of fined stein getting her tail in a twist. Hilarious. I saw it on the network news but have been unable to locate it on line ---- yet.

FOUND IT!!

It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    A man is but a product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes. Gandhi
    Quote Originally Posted by Carol
    When I judge someone's integrity one key thing I look at is - How does s/he treat people s/he doesn't agree with or does not like?
    I can respect someone who I do not agree with, but I have NO respect for someone who puts others down in a public forum. That is the hallmark of someone who has no integrity, and cannot be trusted.

7. #7 Senate committee approves assault weapons ban 
    Ted Cruz spanked her ugly ass. I'm surprised she didn't start yelling " what difference does it make ".

"The answer is obvious; no."

If the answer was so fricking obvious, then why the lecture on how long her wrinkled old ass has been there, instead of the answer to the question?

The pathology of the liberal-progressive mind has to be malicious; no human being is capable of that depth of stupidity or self-delusion.
    We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion. Avarice, ambition, revenge or gallantry would break the strongest cords of our Constitution as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other.
    In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress.

~John Adams

I wanna know which repukes are poised to vote our Bill of Rights away with the dems on this. Ive heard the number is nearly split.
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.

I know you guys hate Diane Feinstein for a lot of reasons, and I don't agree with her on this issue, either.

But her reasons are personal. She witnessed the murders of Mayor Moscone and Harvey Milk. She probably still has nightmares about it. She thinks that what she is doing will prevent situations like that-she's wrong about the method, but the goal of reducing violence is not a bad goal.