Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I know you guys hate Diane Feinstein for a lot of reasons, and I don't agree with her on this issue, either.

But her reasons are personal. She witnessed the murders of Mayor Moscone and Harvey Milk. She probably still has nightmares about it. She thinks that what she is doing will prevent situations like that-she's wrong about the method, but the goal of reducing violence is not a bad goal.
    Her reasons may be personal (although I suspect that, like the rest of the liberals who are exploiting the shooting in Connecticut, she is more opportunistic than genuinely committed to reducing crime), but they are not valid. To put it another way, why should I disarm myself and my family because of a murder in the city that she ran, and which has always been a bastion of gun control? Feinstein is playing the victim card, but I guarantee that if Milk and Moscone were still around, she'd happily push this through.

BTW, if she is against violence, why didn't she speak out when the Occutards were trashing her home town?
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Retread View Post
    You need to see the tape of fined stein getting her tail in a twist. Hilarious. I saw it on the network news but have been unable to locate it on line ---- yet.

FOUND IT!!

I guess all that education that DiFi recieved didn't include the definition for the word "infringe".
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Quote Originally Posted by ReinMan View Post
    "The answer is obvious; no."

If the answer was so fricking obvious, then why the lecture on how long her wrinkled old ass has been there, instead of the answer to the question?

The pathology of the liberal-progressive mind has to be malicious; no human being is capable of that depth of stupidity or self-delusion.
    She didn't want to answer because she knew that the next question would be, "If the First and Fourth Amendments are not subject to exceptions, what authority does the congress have to impose exceptions on the Second Amendment?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zathras View Post
    I guess all that education that DiFi recieved didn't include the definition for the word "infringe".
    Or much of anything else. She's utterly emotional on this issue, and refuses to address any facts or arguments that are no emotion-based. She just wants a gun ban, and doesn't care if it's legal or not.
    --Odysseus

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

I know you guys hate Diane Feinstein for a lot of reasons, and I don't agree with her on this issue, either.

But her reasons are personal. She witnessed the murders of Mayor Moscone and Harvey Milk. She probably still has nightmares about it. She thinks that what she is doing will prevent situations like that-she's wrong about the method, but the goal of reducing violence is not a bad goal.
    And yet she has or at least in the past had a CHL and her own gun she bragged about carrying.

How much crap do you Libs have to swallow before you get tired of the hypocrisy of your fellow travelers?
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

I don't give a crap what this Tw#t has witnessed, she has no right to take my rights away. If she can't keep her experiences from coloring her job then she should leave the senate.
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    And yet she has or at least in the past had a CHL and her own gun she bragged about carrying.

How much crap do you Libs have to swallow before you get tired of the hypocrisy of your fellow travelers?
    We have a winnah!

Sonnabend
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her own pantyhose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that large hole between his eyes.

Well, since this passed the committee, Harry Reid has said that it will not be a part of the bill put to a vote so for now the assault weapons ban is on life support. Andrew Wilkow said it best when he said that if you can't get support from Al Franken on something, you know it's a failure.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Well, since this passed the committee, Harry Reid has said that it will not be a part of the bill put to a vote so for now the assault weapons ban is on life support. Andrew Wilkow said it best when he said that if you can't get support from Al Franken on something, you know it's a failure.
    And that's when the administration will start bribes to Senate Dems to get them to vote for it.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Wow. You'd think that Franken would be all over this.

Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    And that's when the administration will start bribes to Senate Dems to get them to vote for it.
    Unless the administration can guarantee that those Dems who support this will get reelected in spite of their votes, there's not much that they can offer in the way of bribes.
    --Odysseus