1. #1 Compliance: Most Disturbing Movie Ever? 

"Halfway through a special screening of "Compliance," the deeply unsettling new film from writer/director Craig Zobel, a woman stood up, yelled out, "Give me a f*cking break," and walked out of the theater. As the film progressed, other women joined her. At least eight by one count, although in the question-and-answer session following the film, someone suggested that actually 10 had left during the screening..."

I saw this movie last night. Un-friggen-believable. Only after seeing this film did I look on the internet for other feed back. And while watching this movie I couldnt help but comment "just how stupid can Americans be?". If this movie doesnt clue you in about how gullible and ignorant many Americans are and are becoming, then nothing will.
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.

I didn't watch the video but wasn't there a experiment some time ago where a scientist would have people hit a button that would give electric shocks to people in booth. (the people in the booth faked being shocked) The people would keep hitting the button because they were told it was ok even though it appeared to kill some people. That freaked me out lol
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly

If you dont believe this all could really happen, check this real life video out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgCSps6KgdY

The movie is obviously based on these true events and doesnt need to ad lib anything. Of course the movie is much more shocking as it actually shows the whole ordeal as it unfolds.

Wow. I watched the second clip, not the first. It's not unbelieveable to me, especially with a younger person.

I work for the state, we get trained on how to handle crisis situations and most of us respond to them the way we were trained to do. I'm not sure the average minimum wage fast food worker receives any training on how to handle trouble situations. When I worked at a restaurant, the boss told us that if someone robbed the place, to give them all the cash in the register, cooperate, and call the police when it's over. There is a whole lot not covered in those instructions.

Before I worked at my current job, I would have fallen for that kind of thing. My parents taught me to respect authority, they didn't intervene with the teacher who tried to force girls to massage his neck in class, always told me to respect adults in authority-teachers, cops, bosses, etc. Heck, my first boss managed to get me to model uniforms for him when I was trying them on.

Louise Ogborn, 18 at the time of the incident, was strip searched and sexually assaulted at a McDonald's in Mount Washington, KY by management and the fiancé of the assistant manager on the orders of a man on the telephone claiming to be a police officer and accusing Ogborn of theft.

At the end of this film they note: Over 70 similar incidences have been reported in 30 U.S. states. And to be fair to the US, incidents similar to this has also been reported to have happened in England, Poland and Germany just to name a few countries.

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    I didn't watch the video but wasn't there a experiment some time ago where a scientist would have people hit a button that would give electric shocks to people in booth. (the people in the booth faked being shocked) The people would keep hitting the button because they were told it was ok even though it appeared to kill some people. That freaked me out lol
    Yep. The Milgram Experiment. And it was recreated relatively recently, with shockingly (no pun intended) similar results.
    We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion. Avarice, ambition, revenge or gallantry would break the strongest cords of our Constitution as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other.
    In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress.

~John Adams