Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21
  1. #11  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,967
    That's why I never take those kinds of tests. I'm a practicing Catholic and that puts me in a particular category. I'm good with that.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #12  
    Moderator txradioguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Bavaria
    Posts
    7,630
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I quit it after the "Good Diplomacy vs Strong Military"
    Of course you did.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

    Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

    To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

    The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #13  
    Senior Member Molon Labe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Jihad Me At Hello
    Posts
    4,769
    polls that ask either or questions are rigged. Staunch Conservative isn't even the extreme right. They have it wrong.

    much better.

    http://www.isidewith.com/political-quiz
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown


    The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #14  
    Senior Member ReinMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Luna Pier, MI
    Posts
    776
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    I had the same problem with that one, but also with several others:


    Too much power is concentrated in the hands of a few large companies vs. The largest companies do NOT have too much power

    This one is problematical because the federal government's crony capitalism is creating corporations that are "too big to fail" and end up becoming de-facto federal bureaus of employment and manufacturing. It's not that they corporations are too powerful, it's the unholy alliance between some corporations and the state that creates pockets of destructive power.

    The growing number of newcomers from other countries threatens traditional American customs and values vs. The growing number of newcomers from other countries strengthens American society

    It's both. Illegal immigrants threaten traditional American customs and values, and our failure to expect immigrants to assimilate exacerbates the problem. Legal immigrants who come here to work and become Americans are some of the best citizens that you can find. Badly thought out question, but blurring the distinction between illegal immigrants and legal ones is a leftist trope.

    Religion is a very important part of my life vs. Religion is not that important to me

    I'm not religious, but I'm glad that most Americans are.

    Immigrants today strengthen our country because of their hard work and talents Immigrants today are a burden on our country because they take our jobs, housing and health care

    Same as above. Immigrants who come here to become Americans, to pursue liberty and share in it, strengthen our country. Those who come here for free stuff or who commit crimes are a burden.
    What he said; on every point.
    We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion. Avarice, ambition, revenge or gallantry would break the strongest cords of our Constitution as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other.
    In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress.

    ~John Adams
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #15  
    Ancient Fire Breather Retread's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    I came to Texas as soon as I could
    Posts
    4,674
    Based on your responses, YOU are a Libertarian

    Along with 9% of the public

    Problem with the same questions as Ody re: immigration. I'm really sorry no option for anarchist was offered.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #16  
    LTC Member Odysseus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    FT Belvoir, VA
    Posts
    15,638
    Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    polls that ask either or questions are rigged. Staunch Conservative isn't even the extreme right. They have it wrong.

    much better.

    http://www.isidewith.com/political-quiz
    I've done that one before. Big surprise there:

    I side with Mitt Romney on most issues in the 2012 Presidential Election.


    Candidates you side with...

    86%
    Mitt Romney Republican

    on domestic policy, environmental, immigration, economic, science, and social issues

    70%
    Virgil Goode Constitution

    on environmental, immigration, social, and economic issues

    69%
    Gary Johnson Libertarian

    on healthcare, economic, domestic policy, and science issues

    28%
    Barack Obama Democrat

    no major issues

    39%
    Virginia Voters

    on domestic policy and economic issues.

    39%
    American Voters

    on domestic policy, economic, and science issues.

    Show all candidates


    Parties you side with...

    93%Republican

    39%Libertarian

    7%Democrat

    1%Green



    I suspect that the only things that Obama and I agreed on is wearing pants in public.

    Quote Originally Posted by ReinMan View Post
    What he said; on every point.

    Quote Originally Posted by Retread View Post
    Based on your responses, YOU are a Libertarian

    Along with 9% of the public

    Problem with the same questions as Ody re: immigration. I'm really sorry no option for anarchist was offered.
    That's because there were no questions about crapping on police cars.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

    Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #17  
    Ancient Fire Breather Retread's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    I came to Texas as soon as I could
    Posts
    4,674
    Ody, Ody... you're thinking OWS - they wouldn't know an anarchist if he came up and bit'm.

    Anarchy - a utopian society of individuals who enjoy complete freedom without government.



    Candidates you side with by issue...

    Most important to me
    Immigration

    I side the most with Mitt Romney on immigration issues.

    Most important to me
    the Environment

    I side the most with Virgil Goode and Mitt Romney on environmental issues.

    Most important to me
    Science

    I side the most with Mitt Romney on science issues.

    Most important to me
    Foreign Policy

    I side the most with Jill Stein and Mitt Romney on foreign policy issues.

    Most important to me
    Healthcare

    I side the most with Mitt Romney on healthcare issues.

    Most important to me
    Domestic Policy

    I side the most with Gary Johnson on domestic policy issues.

    More important to me
    the Economy

    I side the most with Mitt Romney on economic issues.

    More important to me
    Social

    I side the most with Mitt Romney on social issues.

    ------------------------

    50%
    Texas Voters on environmental, domestic policy, science, social, and economic issues.

    Now that is disappointing. shows just how far Texas has slipped over the last few years. The liberal bastions of Dallas and Houston are growing.
    Last edited by Retread; 03-19-2013 at 09:18 PM.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #18  
    LTC Member Odysseus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    FT Belvoir, VA
    Posts
    15,638
    Quote Originally Posted by Retread View Post
    Ody, Ody... you're thinking OWS - they wouldn't know an anarchist if he came up and bit'm.

    Anarchy - a utopian society of individuals who enjoy complete freedom without government.
    Au contrair, Tread. That's only one kind of anarchist. The founders understood that individuals without government end up tyrannized by the strongest among them, and that minimal government was necessary to enforce the rules which were mutually agreed upon.

    Quote Originally Posted by Retread View Post
    Candidates you side with by issue...

    Most important to me
    Immigration

    I side the most with Mitt Romney on immigration issues.

    Most important to me
    the Environment

    I side the most with Virgil Goode and Mitt Romney on environmental issues.

    Most important to me
    Science

    I side the most with Mitt Romney on science issues.

    Most important to me
    Foreign Policy

    I side the most with Jill Stein and Mitt Romney on foreign policy issues.

    Most important to me
    Healthcare

    I side the most with Mitt Romney on healthcare issues.

    Most important to me
    Domestic Policy

    I side the most with Gary Johnson on domestic policy issues.

    More important to me
    the Economy

    I side the most with Mitt Romney on economic issues.

    More important to me
    Social

    I side the most with Mitt Romney on social issues.

    ------------------------

    50%
    Texas Voters on environmental, domestic policy, science, social, and economic issues.

    Now that is disappointing. shows just how far Texas has slipped over the last few years. The liberal bastions of Dallas and Houston are growing.
    This is true. It's interesting how many of us who came off as staunch conservatives actually found ourselves aligned with Romney's positions. Either he's not as liberal as some claimed, or he talked a good game. Either way, he'd have been much better than what we have.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

    Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #19  
    Power CUer NJCardFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    15,887
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post



    This is true. It's interesting how many of us who came off as staunch conservatives actually found ourselves aligned with Romney's positions. Either he's not as liberal as some claimed, or he talked a good game. Either way, he'd have been much better than what we have.
    Not according to a few idiots on these boards who stayed home on their 'principles'.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #20  
    Sonnabend
    Guest
    A "little loaded'? That's like saying the Titanic was a rather large boat.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •