Thread: Explosion during training at Nevada's Hawthorne Army Depot, fatalities reported

1. #1 Explosion during training at Nevada's Hawthorne Army Depot, fatalities reported 
    RENO, Nev. – DEVELOPING: An explosion at a military ammunition storage facility in Nevada during a Marine Corps training exercise caused several fatalities, officials said early Tuesday.

Several Marines were killed in the Monday night explosion at the Hawthorne Army Depot, sources told Fox News. Russ Collier, an official at the facility, told KRNV-TV that the explosion was an accident unrelated to the ammunition that is stored at the military facility near the small desert community of Hawthorne.

The 147,000-acre depot is about 140 miles southeast of Reno. The Mineral County sheriff's office said it did not have any details.

The Hawthorne Army Depot stores and disposes of ammunition, and provides long-term storage for industrial plant equipment. The facility is comprised of hundreds of buildings spread over more than 230 square miles.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/03/19...ne-army-depot/
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

2. #2 Prayers for those killed and injured as well as their families. 
    Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    RENO, Nev. – DEVELOPING: An explosion at a military ammunition storage facility in Nevada during a Marine Corps training exercise caused several fatalities, officials said early Tuesday.

Several Marines were killed in the Monday night explosion at the Hawthorne Army Depot, sources told Fox News. Russ Collier, an official at the facility, told KRNV-TV that the explosion was an accident unrelated to the ammunition that is stored at the military facility near the small desert community of Hawthorne.

The 147,000-acre depot is about 140 miles southeast of Reno. The Mineral County sheriff's office said it did not have any details.

The Hawthorne Army Depot stores and disposes of ammunition, and provides long-term storage for industrial plant equipment. The facility is comprised of hundreds of buildings spread over more than 230 square miles.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/03/19...ne-army-depot/

Hoping for the best.
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

Reports now say 7 Marines are dead.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Deadly explosion at Nevada's Hawthorne Army Depot prompts suspension of 60mm mortars

Seven U.S. Marines were killed and several others were wounded Monday when a mortar exploded prematurely inside is firing tube during mountain training exercises at Hawthorne Army Depot in Nevada. It's unclear what caused the malfunction.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.

On the Senate floor today did Reid blame this on sequestration?

If so, instead of making some anti-Republican statement that I imagine he was trying to make, he needs to blame himself. Scumbag.
    Be Not Afraid.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...ath-of-marines

(snip)

(snip)

It was Barack Hussein Obama’s idea to place the heaviest cuts in the sequester on the military. It was Harry Reid’s intransigence that refused to allow House bills that would have avoided cuts to the military to be brought to the floor of the Senate. And it was both Reid and Obama who stopped a Senate bill that would have allowed Obama to cut the sequestration amount largely at his discretion.

(snip)
    http://allenbwest.com/
    http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg
    Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    Reports now say 7 Marines are dead.
    Very sad news. May God try and comfort their families today.