Thread: THE CYPRUS CASH GRAB – COMING TO AMERICA?

1. #1 THE CYPRUS CASH GRAB – COMING TO AMERICA? 
    I didn't want to clog up Elspeth's post in Economics, But this can happen here in the USA!! Neal Boortz brings it to you!

http://www.boortz.com/weblogs/nealz-...lz-nuze-31913/

THE CYPRUS CASH GRAB – COMING TO AMERICA?

You were shocked! SHOCKED, you say, at the very idea that the government of Cyprus would order banks to seize 10% of every bank account and hand the money over the government? Well … excuse me for being rude, but maybe if you had been spending a better part of the last 20 years paying attention to the atrocities that happen with nauseating regularity in Washington, instead of going into an annual swoon over March Madness and/or the Oscars, or blindly tuning in to Entertainment Tonight every evening rather than an actual newscast, you might have seen this money grab coming. I’m no rocket surgeon, and I saw it coming .. in America, not Cyprus ... and I been warning the listeners to my talk show from 1993 right up until my retirement two months ago.

It’s simple. Taxing your income is simply not enough. The left is coming after your wealth. They’ll be satisfied with some of your retirement funds … for now
    Snip.....

Could it happen here? Well certainly it could. The congress could pass and the president could sign legislation calling for the seizure of 10% of every checking and savings account in every bank in America. This might finally be enough to cause a resurrection, but they could do it. So in America the wealth seizure has to be just a bit more selective and subtle. And that brings us to the warning I’ve been voicing for 20 years.

Go back to 1993. Bill Clinton has just been sworn in. The Democrats are running the show. They’ve passed a nice little tax increase – retroactive, mind you – and they feel encouraged. Along comes a lady by the name of Alicia Munnell. She’s been appointed by Clinton to be an Assistant Treasury Secretary for Economic Development. Munnell proposes a plan to come up with some cash to shore up Social Security. Not everyone, it seems, is “fortunate” enough to have a nice little IRA or 401k retirement account. Why this just isn’t fair! Everyone should have a comfortable retirement, not just the people who actually planned and worked for one! So Munnell proposed to Clinton an idea! Let’s just go out there and seize 15% of the outstanding balance of every IRA and 401k. Seize that money and pump it into the Social Security system. As it turns out, Munnell and Clinton never really had the chance to put their plan into action since the very next year the Republicans took control of the House and the Senate in the voter revolution of 1994. Munnell hasn’t gone away though. She now hatches her wealth seizure and redistribute schemes as the Director of the Center for Retirement Research at Boston College.

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

Thanks for posting this. The fear of a cash grab is EXACTLY what we're all afraid of. However, TARP and QE 1,2, &3 have been pretty much the same thing, just better hidden.

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    Thanks for posting this. The fear of a cash grab is EXACTLY what we're all afraid of. However, TARP and QE 1,2, &3 have been pretty much the same thing, just better hidden.
    The Fed has taken at least 10% off the top with their printing, yet we have a whimper rather than an outcry.
    When the use the wording that they do, most don't understand.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    The Fed has taken at least 10% off the top with their printing, yet we have a whimper rather than an outcry.
    When the use the wording that they do, most don't understand.
    People don't get that the Fed's policies devalue the money we have and that this is theft.