1. #1 Kermit Gosnell on Trial for Abortion "House of Horrors" 
    Bob Casey

Today is the second day in the trial of Kermit Gosnell, the infamous Philadelphia abortionist charged with murdering seven newborn babies and one young woman in a botched abortion due to overdose of anesthesia. Gosnell killed the babies with scissors after they had been born – and he wasn’t the only one.

Adrienne Moton, a former employee of Gosnell, testified for the prosecution. CBS Philadelphia reported her testimony:

"Adrienne Moton broke down several times as she recounted her work at the clinic.

Untrained, she says, she was doing ultrasounds and administering anesthesia within months. And eventually, she has admitted, she snipped the necks of ‘a good ten’ fetuses.”

Kermit Gosnell’s “house of horrors,” otherwise known as the Philadelphia Women's Medical Society, has been well documented, but Gosnell’s defense attorney, Jack McMahon, says that the prosecution is racially motivated.

"This is a targeted, elitist and racist prosecution of a doctor who's done nothing but give (back) to the poor and the people of West Philadelphia…It's a prosecutorial lynching of Dr. Kermit Gosnell."

McMahon’s defense of Gosnell is an outrage. Worlds away from a benevolent community doctor, prosecutors say that police found $250,000 when they raided Gosnell’s home – and for those who can stomach it, the 281-page Grand Jury report lays out just how Gosnell “gave back” to the women of West Philadelphia:

The premises were dirty and unsanitary. Gosnell routinely relied on unlicensed and untrained staff to treat patients, conduct medical tests, and administer medications without supervision. Even more alarmingly, Gosnell instructed unlicensed workers to sedate patients with dangerous drugs in his absence... In addition, he regularly performed abortions beyond the 24-week limit prescribed by law. As a result, viable babies were born. Gosnell killed them by plunging scissors into their spinal cords. He taught his staff to do the same.

This trial begs the question: where was the Pennsylvania Department of Health? According to the Grand Jury report, Gosnell’s clinic had not been inspected for more than 17 years.

After 1993…the Pennsylvania Department of Health abruptly decided, for political reasons, to stop inspecting abortion clinics at all. The politics in question were not anti-abortion, but pro. With the change of administration from Governor Casey to Governor Ridge, officials concluded that inspections would be “putting a barrier up to women” seeking abortions. (pg. 12)

When Governor Bob Casey, a Democrat and a longtime pro-life champion, was replaced by pro-choice Gov. Tom Ridge, a pro-choice Republican, Kermit Gosnell was given free reign.

Now, we know what a “truce” on abortion looks like.
    http://www.sba-list.org/suzy-b-blog/...-house-horrors

Butchering is hard work.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

If anyone has any questions about the morality of abortion, all they have to do is look at what acts and people must be defended in order to support it.

The moral deficit in this country scares me a lot more than the fiscal deficit...
    We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion. Avarice, ambition, revenge or gallantry would break the strongest cords of our Constitution as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other.
    In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress.

~John Adams

The same laws that apply to any medical clinic should apply to an abortion clinic. This guy was violating the basic sanitary laws, and not following proper medical procedures. He deserves to be prosecuted.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    The same laws that apply to any medical clinic should apply to an abortion clinic. This guy was violating the basic sanitary laws, and not following proper medical procedures. He deserves to be prosecuted.
    But the snipping the spines of viable babies you're ok with I take it.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    But the snipping the spines of viable babies you're ok with I take it.

Whenever a woman is in a position in which she thinks abortion is her best option, it's a bad situation. The problem is not that abortion is legal, the problem is that too many women are finding themselves in situations like that.

Late term abortions, which is what I assume you are referring to by your description, are rare. In my state, they can't be performed in a clinic-not because of anti-abortion legislation, but because of standard medical practices. They are done in hospitals, mostly hospitals in metro Detroit, Ann Arbor or Lansing. No one in West Michigan does late term abortions-all the hospitals in Grand Rapids, for example, are either owned by Amway or the Catholic Church.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Whenever a woman is in a position in which she thinks abortion is her best option, it's a bad situation. The problem is not that abortion is legal, the problem is that too many women are finding themselves in situations like that.

Late term abortions, which is what I assume you are referring to by your description, are rare. In my state, they can't be performed in a clinic-not because of anti-abortion legislation, but because of standard medical practices. They are done in hospitals, mostly hospitals in metro Detroit, Ann Arbor or Lansing. No one in West Michigan does late term abortions-all the hospitals in Grand Rapids, for example, are either owned by Amway or the Catholic Church.
    Do you even know what you're talking about? Babies were taken from the womb and were alive and thriving outside the womb. Then this piece of shit took a scissors and cut their spines at their necks. Did you understand that? They weren't still in the womb or partially out of it. They were completely out of it. And you're OK with this? You are a disgusting human being that all you care about is that his office was dirty. This is why being a liberal is a mental disorder. Wen you don't see infanticide as an issue. Screw you and your ilk.

Feminists making human sacrifices to Inanna or Ishtar, and they mock the Jews for sacrificing animals in old testament times.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Do you even know what you're talking about? Babies were taken from the womb and were alive and thriving outside the womb. Then this piece of shit took a scissors and cut their spines at their necks. Did you understand that? They weren't still in the womb or partially out of it. They were completely out of it. And you're OK with this? You are a disgusting human being that all you care about is that his office was dirty. This is why being a liberal is a mental disorder. Wen you don't see infanticide as an issue. Screw you and your ilk.

I forgot the specifics of this case. I'm not okay with what this doctor did, and I did not say so at any point, I just was thinking more about the general conditions of his clinic than the specific allegations of what he did. No, I don't support killing babies that have already been born.

I support late term abortions when the mother's life is at risk-there are some rare situations in which this is an issue. Sometimes in those cases, the fetus is already dead in the womb, like with hydrocephelesus (I know I spelled that wrong, but it's the condition with the swollen heads).

This case was not a late-term abortion case, but like I said, I had forgotten what exactly he was charged with and was posting in kind of a rush, after a long day on the road.

Thanks for clearing that up. I'd hate to think of anyone who is for what this doctor did to those babies. Oh, wait, I forgot. There is someone who is and that person is the president.

Update: His lawyer is playing the race card. http://atlantablackstar.com/2013/03/...t-prosecution/