Hybrid View

1. #1 Family Says New Jersey Overreacted To Boy’s Gun Photo 
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

I was reading about this earlier. This is an incredibly unbelievable story. Or, at one time, it would be unbelievable.

One South Jersey boy got the latter recently for his 11th birthday, and his father, Shawn Moore, posted a picture of him on Facebook, bedecked in camouflage, cradling his new semiautomatic Smith & Wesson M&P15-22.

But someone saw the picture on Facebook and reported it to New Jersey's Division of Children and Families, and the agency came knocking Friday, with the police.

"Last night I was out with a buddy of mine. I got a text from my wife that the cops and [DCF] are at the house and they wanna check out my guns and needed me to open my safe," Moore wrote over the weekend...

"After a while of them threatening to take my kids, get warrants and intimidation they left. Empty handed and seeing nothing," Moore wrote. "People it can happen that fast. Most people wouldn't have stood up to them like I did."
    Not one illegal activity taking place and the cops and child services want access to this family's house and possessions without cause, evidence or a warrant while threatening them with arrest and removal of their children from their home. Holy Shit.

Full story and the horrid pic at the link
    Be Not Afraid.

Sad thing is, if the kids were pulled, they would have stayed pulled for a good long time. However, if the parents were crackheads or child abusers the state would bend over backwards getting them their kids back. So, moral is, don't have guns or name your kids after Aryan dictators or you'll lose them.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Sounds like a pissy neighbor or anti-gun surfer stuck their nose where it did not belong. The father did the right thing contacting and having the lawyer on the phone when he got home...
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

I like how the welfare caseworker wouldn't identify herself when the father asked for ID. As far as he knew, she could have been impersonating a state official. He should not have allowed her to leave until she produced her credentials, or he could have asked the officers to arrest her for impersonation.

The tyrannical BS that is being imposed by the left is rapidly approaching a critical mass. The next couple of years could produce a serious backlash.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Sonnabend
    Odysseus: Ive been gone a year or more, why arent you a full bird Colonel yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    I like how the welfare caseworker wouldn't identify herself when the father asked for ID. As far as he knew, she could have been impersonating a state official. He should not have allowed her to leave until she produced her credentials, or he could have asked the officers to arrest her for impersonation.

The tyrannical BS that is being imposed by the left is rapidly approaching a critical mass. The next couple of years could produce a serious backlash.

The caseworker should be fired. We are given Employee ID to verify that we are who we say we are.

This case should never have been referred to CPS, but once it is they do have to investigate, that's how the laws usually work. I will say this-if there are allegations of unsafe weapons in the home, that is something that really should be referred to law enforcement, not to social services. Social workers like me are not qualified to make determinations like that-we are trained in abuse and neglect, not in gun safety. A photo of a boy on facebook posing with a hunting rifle he received as a gift, and posting words to that effect, should not be a reason for a referral to either CPS or the cops, though.

The only time I should be asking about weapons is when I am assessing a relative's home for placing kids, or a parent's home prior to returning the kids. If they have them, I have to make sure they have a locked cabinet or other safety arrangement. In those cases, it's a liability issue on our part.