1. #1 The truth on Syrian Rebels. 
    Best investigative journalist on the net.

And Obama wants to send them a couple hundred million more US dollars.

Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Both sides are the enemy, I hope that neither side runs out of small arms or ammunition for years to come and I think that everyone who worships Allah should join one side or the other, even switch occasionally, and fight this sacred jehad within the borders of Syria for many years to come.
    Allah be praised and body bags be filled.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Both sides are the enemy, I hope that neither side runs out of small arms or ammunition for years to come and I think that everyone who worships Allah should join one side or the other, even switch occasionally, and fight this sacred jehad within the borders of Syria for many years to come.
    Allah be praised and body bags be filled.

The problem with that is there is no way it can be contained within Syria's borders if it continues and we have alliances with two of their neighbors (Israel and Turkey), and are occupying another neighbor.

I was hoping Assad would flee the country before his head ends up being paraded around Damascus on the top of a stick, because that will end with the leader of whatever faction decapitates him becoming the next leader of Syria.

It's tough for a NATO intervention, because it is a fairly heavily populated country and although Assad obviously has no problem with slaughtering innocent civilians, most of the nations in NATO state that they do.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    The problem with that is there is no way it can be contained within Syria's borders if it continues and we have alliances with two of their neighbors (Israel and Turkey), and are occupying another neighbor.

I was hoping Assad would flee the country before his head ends up being paraded around Damascus on the top of a stick, because that will end with the leader of whatever faction decapitates him becoming the next leader of Syria.

It's tough for a NATO intervention, because it is a fairly heavily populated country and although Assad obviously has no problem with slaughtering innocent civilians, most of the nations in NATO state that they do.
    As long as they stay in Syria let them have a nice time. If they leave reduce them to ash and gases.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Ibrahim is claiming that there are no Syrians fighting the regime, which is false. The fight in Syria is between the majority Sunni and the Alawi (Assad's group, a Shia offshoot). Al Qaeda and the Muslim Brotherhood have sent arms and fighters on the Sunni side, and they've certainly got more influence in the resistance than I would like, but to claim that the war is a foreign adventure, with no broad local support is patently false. He's an apologist for Assad, and utterly without credibility.

Here's the big picture, and our interest: Assad is a vassal of Iran, and the loss of Syria would eliminate their land route to Lebanon, which means that they would no longer be able to resupply and support Hezbollah except through the Suez Canal, which is not something that they'd want to do. Thus, eliminating Assad weakens Iran and Hezbollah, which was the agent of numerous terror attacks against Americans. This is not to say that the rebels are much better, nor should we have any illusions as to whether we have anything in common with them, but they are not likely to develop nuclear weapons anytime soon. Even the Israelis have been quietly working with sympathetic factions within the resistance in order to undermine Assad, and by extension, Iran, and it makes sense for them to do so, as Iran is the more immediate threat. The collapse of Iranian proxies would undermine the mullahs (who have spent a fortune propping up Assad), possibly to the point of regime change. Given the likely outcomes, which are the overthrow of the regime and its replacement with a Sunni-majority regime which would most likely be aligned with Egypt and the other Sunni powers in the region, or the status quo, with Iran continuing to establish regional hegemony, the overthrow of the regime is the better of two poor outcomes.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!