Thread: Saturday Shows

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Saturday Shows 
    Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Overcast and cool today. We've had a little drizzly rain but no real accumulation. The cats and dog and Miz Bubba are sacked out.

Coffee is making.

Georgia Plays Alabama tonight in Athens!!!!

A nice Saturday.

TOTD: TV Shows. Classic. Current. Drama. Whatever. And remember Variety Shows? (Sonny and Cher. Carol Burnett.)

I was always a big fan of westerns. Gunsmoke. Have Gun Will Travel. Bonanza.

Barney Miller and Taxi were favorite sitcoms.

What are some of your favorites?
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

I loved Carol Burnett. When they run those ads selling her show on DVD, I laugh like a maniac. Harvey and Tim were hysterical.

I can still watch Golden Girls and Leave it to Beaver.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba Dawg View Post
    Overcast and cool today. We've had a little drizzly rain but no real accumulation. The cats and dog and Miz Bubba are sacked out.

Coffee is making.

Georgia Plays Alabama tonight in Athens!!!!

A nice Saturday.

TOTD: TV Shows. Classic. Current. Drama. Whatever. And remember Variety Shows? (Sonny and Cher. Carol Burnett.)

I was always a big fan of westerns. Gunsmoke. Have Gun Will Travel. Bonanza.

Barney Miller and Taxi were favorite sitcoms.

What are some of your favorites?
    Great topic, BD!

Sunny and cool-ish this morning. Wish I could lay out all day and read, but alas, work is a-calling...

TOTD: Hmmm. As a kid I loved classic Bugs Bunny Looney Tunes cartoons. I also loved watching the original Star Trek TV show, and of course, every Saturday afternoon it was Creature Feature on the now-defunct Tampa channel 44 WTOG. Hosted by none other than Doctor Paul Bearer.:eek:

More recently, I still like 24, The Office, Supernatural, and when it was around, The X-Files. I did watch The Shield for the first few seasons and really enjoyed the raw edginess of that program. Sitcom-wise, I have watched (in reruns) Raymond, King of Queens, Friends, and Seinfeld.
    "The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." H.P. Lovecraft in Supernatural Horror in Literature

Damn, how could I forget...back "in the day" when I was a much younger 'scribe, I was a big fan of Miami Vice. Still am, actually. I annoy Shannon sometimes by watching reruns of Crockett & Tubbs whenever it comes on the Sleuth network...(speaking of '80s detective shows, Magnum PI had its moments too...)

Jag was a decent show, too. Liked the characters and storylines.
    "The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." H.P. Lovecraft in Supernatural Horror in Literature

Banned
    Very overcast, rainy, and foggy here in southern New England. My girlfriend has to pull some teeth for 1/2 today, so we were up early (coffee was a couple of hours ago).

TOTD: Very good topic, Bubba. I've always been a fan of comedy, particularly the comedy of irony and sarcasm, believing that comedy is harder than drama. I love the great American TV comedy series that dominated the decades, The Bob Newhart Show (original) from the 70s, Cheers from the 80s, and the nihilistic Seinfeld from the 90s. And, of course, although not American, Monty Python which we used to only be able to watch via PBS.

I liked westerns too, during a younger age, including Have Gun, Will Travel and Wanted Dead or Alive.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkScribe View Post
    Damn, how could I forget...back "in the day" when I was a much younger 'scribe, I was a big fan of Miami Vice. Still am, actually. I annoy Shannon sometimes by watching reruns of Crockett & Tubbs whenever it comes on the Sleuth network...(speaking of '80s detective shows, Magnum PI had its moments too...)

Jag was a decent show, too. Liked the characters and storylines.
    MIAMI VICE!!!! I loved that show. Wouldn't miss it for anything. And Magnum was great too.

Adam 12 and the old Dragnet were favorites at the time but I haven't seen either in years.

And don't forget Kojak.

I liked Colombo, too.

Here's a funny take on that:

Ah... Sorry to bother you Mr. Obama, Sir
    Excuse me Mr. Obama, I mean Senator Obama, sir. uhm... know you are busy and important and stuff. I mean running for president is very important and . . . ah... I hate to bother you. I will only take a minute okay, sir?

See, I have these missing pieces that are holding me up, and I was wondering sir, if you could take time out of your busy schedule and help me out. You know, no big deal, just some loose ends and things.

Hey, you have a nice place here! The wife sees houses like this on TV all the time and says boy she wishes she had digs like this you know? Is that painting real? Really? Wow. I saw something like that in a museum once!

Oh, sorry sir. I didn't mean to get off the track. So if you could just help me out a minute and give me some details, I will get right out of your way. I want to close this case and maybe take the wife to Coney Island or something. Ever been toConey Island? No, I didn't think so...

Well, listen, anyways, I can't seem to get some information I need to wrap this up. These things seem to either be 'locked' or 'not available'. I'm sure it's just some oversight or glitch or something, so if you could you tell me where these things are... ... ...have them written down here somewhere... oh wait. Sorry about the smears. It was raining out. I'll just read it to you.

Could you help me please find these things, sir?

1. OccidentalCollege records -- Not released
    2. ColumbiaCollege records -- Not released
    3. Columbia Thesis paper -- 'not available'
    4. Harvard College records -- Not released
    5. Selective Service Registration -- Not released
    6. Medical records -- Not released
    7. Illinois State Senate schedule -- 'not available'
    8. Law practice client list -- Not released
    9. Certified Copy of original Birth certificate -- Not released
    10. Embossed, signed paper Certification of Live Birth -- Not released
    11. Harvard Law Review articles published -- None
    12. University of Chicago scholarly articles -- None
    13.Your Record of baptism -- Not released or 'not available'
    14. Your Illinois State Senate records -- 'not available'

Oh hey... listen! I know you are busy! Is this too much for you now? I mean tell you what. I will come back tomorrow. Give you some time to get these things together, you know? I mean, I know you are busy, so I will just let myself out. I will be back tomorrow. And the day after...

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba Dawg View Post
    MIAMI VICE!!!! I loved that show. Wouldn't miss it for anything. And Magnum was great too.

Adam 12 and the old Dragnet were favorites at the time but I haven't seen either in years.

And don't forget Kojak.
    Ah, a fellow fan of said show. I KNEW there was a reason I liked you, man! I even went so far as to purchase baggy pants, pastel undershirts, the jacket, sockless slip-on loafers. I know, go ahead, make fun, but for about 2 years in high school that was the IN fashion for guys. Stylin'-and-PROfilin'...

The first 2-3 seasons of MV was the best. After that, it kinda went south. But the series finale was great, especially the very end, if you recall it. (On a sidenote: series creator, Michael Mann, is a brilliant director and in my Top 10 favorite directors...HEAT is a classic and COLLATERAL is one of the best films--my opinion--Tom Cruise has ever done; the Miami Vice movie wasn't bad)

Magnum was a fun show. The episode where Magnum avenges Mack's death by killing the Russian/KGB dude was one of the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
    Very overcast, rainy, and foggy here in southern New England. My girlfriend has to pull some teeth for 1/2 today, so we were up early (coffee was a couple of hours ago).

TOTD: Very good topic, Bubba. I've always been a fan of comedy, particularly the comedy of irony and sarcasm, believing that comedy is harder than drama. I love the great American TV comedy series that dominated the decades, The Bob Newhart Show (original) from the 70s, Cheers from the 80s, and the nihilistic Seinfeld from the 90s. And, of course, although not American, Monty Python which we used to only be able to watch via PBS.

I liked westerns too, during a younger age, including Have Gun, Will Travel and Wanted Dead or Alive.
    Irony and Sarcasm, Thou? :eek::p:D

I remember the first time I saw Monty Python. My uncle and i were laughing our heads off and everyone else was just sitting there going Why is that funny?

The old Paul Hogan show was also hilarious, and for a while there was a Marty Feldman show. I loved both of them too.

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    I have to pull weeds today. I'm taking my time getting motivated.

TOTD: As a little kid I loved CHiPs, The Dukes of Hazzard, Knight Rider, Buck Rogers and Silver Spoons.

As an older kid I loved Family Ties, Cosby Show and Dynasty

Now I like The Office, Supernatural and 24.

Oh, and Miami Vice sucks.
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III