Thread: Saturday Shows

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Nice weather again! I'm making sourdough bread and getting ready for the Third Annual Sheltie Reunion. That's always a blast. Doc will attend as an honorary Sheltie.

TOTD: I liked all those horror programs from the 80s. Tales From The Darkside, Friday 13th, The Twilight Zone, and so on. Luckily, they all seem to run on Chiller.

We weren't allowed to watch a lot of TV when I was a kid so I never really developed any TV habits nor had any particular TV-related special moments. When it's running now, I never miss 24. :)

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkScribe View Post
    Ah, a fellow fan of said show. I KNEW there was a reason I liked you, man! I even went so far as to purchase baggy pants, pastel undershirts, the jacket, sockless slip-on loafers. I know, go ahead, make fun, but for about 2 years in high school that was the IN fashion for guys. Stylin'-and-PROfilin'...

The first 2-3 seasons of MV was the best. After that, it kinda went south. But the series finale was great, especially the very end, if you recall it. (On a sidenote: series creator, Michael Mann, is a brilliant director and in my Top 10 favorite directors...HEAT is a classic and COLLATERAL is one of the best films--my opinion--Tom Cruise has ever done; the Miami Vice movie wasn't bad)

Magnum was a fun show. The episode where Magnum avenges Mack's death by killing the Russian/KGB dude was one of the best.
    Man, you had The Outfit.

Nice. :D
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

Wow, so many to choose from. As a kid I loved Batman, The Green Hornet, Combat, Rat Patrol and 12 O'Clock High. Then in the 80's & 90's I wouldn't miss episodes of shows such as Animaniacs, Pinky and the Brain, Freakazoid and, IMO the best scifi show ever made, Babylon 5. These days it's mostly Discovery Channel and History Channel shows I watch, like Deadiest Catch, Dirty Jobs and Dogfights.

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post

TOTD: I liked all those horror programs from the 80s. Tales From The Darkside, Friday 13th, The Twilight Zone, and so on. Luckily, they all seem to run on Chiller.
    I don't have Chiller.:( Tales from the Darkside was kind of lame. I prefer Tales From The Crypt but that doesn't ever seem to be on anymore.
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

Quote Originally Posted by Zathras View Post
    Wow, so many to choose from. As a kid I loved Batman, The Green Hornet, Combat, Rat Patrol and 12 O'Clock High. Then in the 80's & 90's I wouldn't miss episodes of shows such as Animaniacs, Pinky and the Brain, Freakazoid and, IMO the best scifi show ever made, Babylon 5. These days it's mostly Discovery Channel and History Channel shows I watch, like Deadiest Catch, Dirty Jobs and Dogfights.
    I loved Batman. And Twelve O'Clock High. What a great show.

I loved the first few seasons of Babylon 5 but lost interest when they went into the psychic stuff. I don't even remember the plotlines but eventually quit watching.

But I plan to get the first two or maybe three seasons on dvd.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Beautiful day here! Sunny, warm, and dry. I just got done power washing one side of the house that tends to have mold spring up.

Miami Vice, Magnum PI. :D
    May the FORCE be with you!

I also liked the NBC Mystery Movie:

It rotated three different shows.

McCloud

McMillan and Wife

Columbo

Whoa, you have me digging in the memory hole! As a kid we could't wait for shows like Land of the Giants, Lost in space, Time Tunnel and Star Trek.

Warning, warning...Danger, danger Will Robinson!! :D

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

Quote Originally Posted by patriot45 View Post
    Whoa, you have me digging in the memory hole! As a kid we could't wait for shows like Land of the Giants, Lost in space, Time Tunnel and Star Trek.

Warning, warning...Danger, danger Will Robinson!! :D
    Man. I haven't thought of Time Tunnel and Land of the Giants in a while. Good shows.

When I was a kid we had one, sometimes two, and if really lucky, three TV channels. It depended on where we lived at the time and how near we were to a city with a TV station.

Remember going out and turning the antena? :D

I missed some shows when they were actually on TV, but have caught some in re-runs.