1. #1 Just got back from Palm Sunday services 
    It's a Catholic church so we waved palm branches and chanted a litany. (We have chant masses in English at our church.) I was looking at all the braided palms and remembered that, when I was a kid, we used to visit the cemetery on Palm Sunday and place palm on the graves of the dead. I've gotten out of the habit over the years, but I remember braiding palm as a kid and then putting it on my grandmother's grave.

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    I remember braiding palm as a kid and then putting it on my grandmother's grave.
    As fast as things are changing it is nice to go back to doing things we used to do to bring back a sense of normal to our lives, I'm going to start doing more things like that, I'm feeling disconnected.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

I really love how people braid the palms. It takes a lot of talent and patience.

I think since the palm is blessed, it's good to keep it for a while. Perhaps placing it on a grave would be a good idea though.

Hope it was a nice service. :)

I didn't make it to church this weekend, my back was hurting, but I've found that leftover palms make for great cat toys.

Power CUer
    When I was a child and restless in church, a neighbor sitting near us kept me entertained by taking his palm, and mine, and weaving/braiding a very intricate cross from it. I still have it.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken