Thread: Western Sky

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Unreconstructed Reb View Post
    If you're so compassionate why didn't you loan her the money, interest free!

Our free market system allows all types of business to exist. There must be a market as many of them exist. This includes rent to own stores. I know corporations that have used RTO stores for employer provided temporary housing.

Senior Member Unreconstructed Reb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    No. Apparently the alternative is having to spend training and orientation time for new soldiers on money management, as the military does now.
    That's not the military's job. If there're doing that it's because of nanny state, politically correct libtards who need to feeeeeeeeeeeeel good passing more worthless legislation that, in the end, doesn't help anybody but the POS politicians themselves.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that you won't need it until they try to take it away."---Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by RobJohnson View Post
    So poor people never vote conservative?
    Sigh.....as you know you never say never, buuuuuut, I would say rarely.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that you won't need it until they try to take it away."---Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Power CUer
    That's not the military's job. If there're doing that it's because of nanny state, politically correct libtards who need to feeeeeeeeeeeeel good passing more worthless legislation that, in the end, doesn't help anybody but the POS politicians themselves.
    I don't think I would describe the officers running Fort Sam Houston that way, and they were the ones who told me they felt the need to institute it - it was not legislated.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

I don't think I would describe the officers running Fort Sam Houston that way, and they were the ones who told me they felt the need to institute it - it was not legislated.
    Military leaders, especially in the ground combat forces, naturally gravitate toward a paternalistic approach to well-being of the troops...and it isn't necessarily a bad thing.

It was stated that Rent-a-Center was a ghetto vulture. Ghetto. Filled mostly with FSA soldiers, aka, 0bama voters, aka, parasites.

I stand by my statement.

As far as winning over the poor, I've got a news flash for you: it ain't gonna happen unless you try to out Santa Claus Santa Claus and when you do that you are no longer a conservative. Of course, if you have a 'bold, comprehensive' plan I'd love to hear it.

BTW, do you consider yourself a 'compassionate' conservative.....................
    So you don't think there are people who are not well off financially who vote conservative? I know of many who are working their asses off trying to make something of themselves, working 2 jobs and going to school. Simply calling them parasites is absurd. Are there scumbags? Absolutely but to simply lump all poor people into the same bucket makes no sense. Of course, judging by your moniker, it's no wonder why you have this point of view.
    "Inequality is a false notion propagated by those who are made to feel guilty for what they have by those who are jealous for what they don't"-Former MTV Host Kennedy

At this point I'm going to need something more than 'she said'.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    So you don't think there are people who are not well off financially who vote conservative? I know of many who are working their asses off trying to make something of themselves, working 2 jobs and going to school. Simply calling them parasites is absurd. Are there scumbags? Absolutely but to simply lump all poor people into the same bucket makes no sense. Of course, judging by your moniker, it's no wonder why you have this point of view.
    Damn. You sound like the typical yankee 'conservative'. More of a CINO. Cut from the same mold as Cristie, I reckon.

What I'm saying is, and I'll type this slowly, FSA soldiers ain't gonna vote conservative. Period. FSA = parasite.

BTW, I'm assuming that you're trying to play the race card on me with that comment about my 'moniker'. That's a typical libtard tactic. Are you gonna go there? My 'moniker' is about states rights. You got a problem with that?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Power CUer
    At this point I'm going to need something more than 'she said'.
    Then you are free to contact Fort Sam Houston, in San Antonio, for corroboration. I doubt it's the only installation which does this, but it's the only one of which I have personal knowledge.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Then you are free to contact Fort Sam Houston, in San Antonio, for corroboration. I doubt it's the only installation which does this, but it's the only one of which I have personal knowledge.
    Linda, Linda, Linda. This is the internet. As you surely must know by now, when you post a 'fact', it is on the poster to provide proof or supporting links to qualify their claim when challenged. I don't know anyone at Fort Sam Houston and, per internet rules, I'm not obligated to contact them to verify your claim.

So, until you can provide your fawning audience with proof of your claim that the patriarchial leadership at Fort Sam Houston is providing money management training to their poor, naive troops, I'm raising the

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ