Thread: Western Sky

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by Unreconstructed Reb View Post
    I was taught very early in life, "let the buyer beware". Did I make some stupid decisions buying stuff on 'easy credit' when I was young anyway? You betcha. But I learned from the experience and made better decisions as I got older. That's the way it's supposed to work.

What's your alternative? Provide a 'nanny' for everybody?

I agree that sometimes experience is the best teacher. The schools could still do better at teaching math-especially applied math, not just abstract math.

Senior Member Unreconstructed Reb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I agree that sometimes experience is the best teacher. The schools could still do better at teaching math-especially applied math, not just abstract math.
    Math is never a bad skill to have but it still won't prevent people from making poor decisions, especially the young and inexperienced. Oh, and another thing that often goes with being young that leads to bad decisions: overconfidence. When you combine inexperience with overconfidence you can often get trouble. An excellent example of this would be the current occupier of the the Oval Office.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that you won't need it until they try to take it away."---Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by Unreconstructed Reb View Post
    If you're so compassionate why didn't you loan her the money, interest free!