1. #1 Biden's One-Night Paris Hotel Tab: $585,000.50 
    As it turns out, Vice President Joe Biden's London stay in February was not the most expensive part of his trip. A government document released on February 14, 2013 shows that the contract for the Hotel Intercontinental Paris Le Grand came in at $585,000.50.

The documentation for this contract is not as detailed as the London one, so the cost per room is not available. However, just like his London hotel, the Hotel Intercontinental Paris Le Grand is a five star hotel. Again, security concerns prevent these type of contracts from being open to bidding, but if the government was able to do some comparison shopping, the Hotel Intercontinental has a special offer, "Find a lower price elsewhere and your first night is free." The Vice President stayed in Paris for one night.
    Read More>http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/...50_708799.html

We need to ask the government to tax us more so uncle Joe can afford more good times.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

His London bill is much better.

Biden's $459,388.65 Hotel Bill
    'Approximately 136 hotel rooms for 893 room nights.'
    9:46 AM, Mar 22, 2013 • By JERYL BIER

Vice President Biden and his entourage spent a little time in London in early February during his first foreign trip of the second term of the Obama administration. A document released today revealed that the cost of lodging in London alone was close to half a million dollars. The contract was awarded on January 30, 2013 to the Hyatt Regency London for a total of $459,388.65.
    http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/...ll_708795.html

Let's all tighten our belts, you know "skin in the game", take one for the team.
    These individuals give up so much to serve us.
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

But hey! If you can do it, why not!

http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

Biden's two nights in London and Paris cost as much as a year's worth of White House tours. That's money well-spent.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Biden's two nights in London and Paris cost as much as a year's worth of White House tours. That's money well-spent.
    How much tuition would that have paid for servicemen?

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    The documentation for this contract is not as detailed as the London one, so the cost per room is not available. However, just like his London hotel, the Hotel Intercontinental Paris Le Grand is a five star hotel. Again, security concerns prevent these type of contracts from being open to bidding, but if the government was able to do some comparison shopping, the Hotel Intercontinental has a special offer, "Find a lower price elsewhere and your first night is free." The Vice President stayed in Paris for one night.
    Read More>http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/...50_708799.html

We need to ask the government to tax us more so uncle Joe can afford more good times.
    That's not really a very realistic claim. No hotel is going to do a group contract like that with a loss-leader-style guarantee.

I'm not particularly surprised to hear that the Paris hotel was more expensive than the London hotel: there are simply more hotel rooms in London, so Paris in general tends to be more expensive than London in a side-by-side comparison.

I also don't really question the costs involved on either of these, because these contracts tend to be all-inclusive: the dozens of members of the advance team get all of their meals (and usually all of their drinks) included, a significant amount of meeting space, their laundry gets done, and obviously they get free access to the entirety of the hotel, which is time-consuming for the hotel employees. Having been in this business for 20 years, I will certainly say that for what they get out of it, the feds actually drive a pretty hard bargain when it comes to hotel space.

Furthermore, I don't expect these guys to stay in the HoJo when they travel. They're executives in executive positions (if one were to compare the White House to, say, a Fortune 500 company), so they're going to have expectations of staying in nice hotels, and I don't begrudge them that at all.

I WILL, however, question whyinahell Vice President Boat Anchor needed to go traipsing around Europe in the first place. Do we need to mend relations there or something? Last I heard, most of Europe was still pretty friendly to us, all things considered. This was a pointless trip. What on earth did he accomplish? Absolutely nothing, so far as I can tell. Did he even visit wounded soldiers at Ramstein while he was there? Not that such a visit would justify moving a few hundred people across the Atlantic and back, but it certainly would be the decent thing to do when he was in the neighborhood. It's reasonable to assume that each of his five nights there was somewhere in the half-million-dollar vicinity, not to mention the dozens of people on each advance team in each city who had to fly over there commercial, and their costs for living while there, plus, of course, the cost of God knows how many Air Force planes to move Boat Anchor and his entourage. I would be quite surprised if this little excursion didn't cost at least five million dollars, if not a lot more, at the end of the day. And for what?
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

This must be that shared sacrifice we heard tell about.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

8. #8 Re: Biden's One-Night Paris Hotel Tab: $585,000.50 
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    How much tuition would that have paid for servicemen?
    Figure about $5, 000 per servicemember and you're looking at 200 troops who missed out so that Joe lunch box could play his man of the people BS to the Eurotrash.
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    This must be that shared sacrifice we heard tell about.
    It is. He's the tip of the spear, diplomatically, and we get the shaft.

Sic hacer pace, para bellum.
    Sent from my android.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Senior Member Unreconstructed Reb's Avatar
    How dare you unwashed cretins question the ruling class!!!!!!!!

"The beauty of the Second Amendment is that you won't need it until they try to take it away."---Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Adam Wood has a point.

The expensive bit occurs when Veep Boat Anchor drags his entire entourage with him. I'd wager that most of that entourage is pretty much mandated due to security concerns, meaning, of course, that Veep BA doesn't really have a clue how much, who, and what kind of hardware needs to be dragged along on his jolly jaunt on AF2.

All Boat Anchor knows is that he's off to see the Wizard on that Yellow Brick Road.

I remember full well how Jimmuh Carter tried hard to be "one of the guys" and go casual on a lot of things. He was criticized for that because, it was felt, he didn't take the office he held seriously enough. Jimmuh didn't focus on the things he needed to focus on. Instead, either he or his handlers focused on his image rather than things of a presidential nature.

Boat Anchor's pretty far removed from things presidential, that's for sure.

Thank God.
    U.S. Army, Retired