Thread: Leno makes meal of NBC bosses in monologue

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Retread View Post
    It hasn't been worth the effort since Johnny left.
    ^^^This.

Jay just wants enough money to keep adding to his already considerably packed exotic car garage. He can't get that kind of money by playing comedy clubs.
    U.S. Army, Retired

Quote Originally Posted by LukeEDay View Post
    That is one of the reason I like Jay over the rest of them. He cracks as many jokes at Obama as he does with any of them. He isn't like Letterman, Fallon, or Kimmel ...
    Exactly, and if they replace him, they will lose half of his audience, but this is a case of ideology trumping profit. The network is prepared to lose billions of dollars in revenues in order to become a Progressive talking points outlet.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Exactly, and if they replace him, they will lose half of his audience, but this is a case of ideology trumping profit. The network is prepared to lose billions of dollars in revenues in order to become a Progressive talking points outlet.
    And they no longer have GE propping them up. It's going to be interesting to see how patient Comcast is going to be once the Tonight Show starts taking a nose dive and if the Fox Network gives Leno a job and if his ratings trump Fallon's.
    "Inequality is a false notion propagated by those who are made to feel guilty for what they have by those who are jealous for what they don't"-Former MTV Host Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    And they no longer have GE propping them up. It's going to be interesting to see how patient Comcast is going to be once the Tonight Show starts taking a nose dive and if the Fox Network gives Leno a job and if his ratings trump Fallon's.
    Leno going to fox would be interesting. That is for sure.

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....
    _ WELFARE IS NOT AN ENTITLEMENT! _

Quote Originally Posted by Retread View Post
    It hasn't been worth the effort since Johnny left.
    Agreed. There have not been very many entertainers that my siblings, parents and grandparents all liked. Johnny was one of them.