Thread: Paul Newman has died

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 29

Hybrid View

  1. #1 Paul Newman has died 
    Senior Member LibraryLady's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    3,748
    Legendary actor Paul Newman dies at age 83


    NEW HAVEN, Conn.—A spokeswoman for screen legend Paul Newman says the actor has died at age 83.

    Spokeswoman Marni Tomljanovic says Newman died Friday of cancer. No other details were immediately available.

    Newman was nominated for Academy Awards 10 times, winning a regular Oscar in 1987 for "The Color of Money" and two honorary ones. He was equally at home in comedies such as "The Sting" and dramas such as "Hud."

    He sometimes teamed with his wife, Joanne Woodward, also an Oscar winner for the 1957 film "Three Faces of Eve."

    http://www.mercurynews.com/movies/ci_10576339
    Last edited by LibraryLady; 09-27-2008 at 10:02 AM.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2 Paul Newman dies at 83 
    Senior Member DarkScribe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Sunshine State
    Posts
    787
    FNC just announced this, after a press release officially released this morning...so sad...he was a legend...

    http://www.foxnews.com/
    "The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." H.P. Lovecraft in Supernatural Horror in Literature
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Posts
    13,581
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkScribe View Post
    FNC just announced this, after a press release officially released this morning...so sad...he was a legend...

    http://www.foxnews.com/
    This is my favoite role for Newman.


    http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?...eature=related
    Last edited by Phillygirl; 09-27-2008 at 10:50 AM.
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    22,891
    Quote Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post
    Legendary actor Paul Newman dies at age 83


    NEW HAVEN, Conn.A spokeswoman for screen legend Paul Newman says the actor has died at age 83.

    Spokeswoman Marni Tomljanovic says Newman died Friday of cancer. No other details were immediately available.

    Newman was nominated for Academy Awards 10 times, winning a regular Oscar in 1987 for "The Color of Money" and two honorary ones. He was equally at home in comedies such as "The Sting" and dramas such as "Hud."

    He sometimes teamed with his wife, Joanne Woodward, also an Oscar winner for the 1957 film "Three Faces of Eve."

    http://www.mercurynews.com/movies/ci_10576339
    DUPE,DUPE,DUPE ..........
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,421
    Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    DUPE,DUPE,DUPE ..........
    got it!.....
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    22,891
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillygirl View Post
    got it!.....
    How's your curtain rod doing, ModMother ?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    Senior Member LibraryLady's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    3,748
    Bernie Mac and Dave Matthews saxophonist are Breaking News but Paul Newman is lounge material?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,421
    Quote Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post
    Bernie Mac and Dave Matthews saxophonist are Breaking News but Paul Newman is lounge material?
    My bad. I thought I did the merge to keep it in breaking news. But it did the opposite apparently. Hold on a sec.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9  
    Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Springfield, USA
    Posts
    16,454
    Quote Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post
    Bernie Mac and Dave Matthews saxophonist are Breaking News but Paul Newman is lounge material?
    Definitely Breaking News. Good move, Philly.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #10  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,421
    Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    How's your curtain rod doing, ModMother ?
    I got them both up. This weekend I drill into the woodwork for the center mount. Wish me luck!
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •