Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17
  1. #11  
    Power CUer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    11,422
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post
    NJ you are mistaken in calling the Dr. a Conservative.... He has not identified to any side. He's using whatever platform will give voice to commonsense. Don't jump the gun here, remember Zero wasn't black enough for the fight... until later. Let's see what happens here
    He had a lot of common sense things to say at the National Prayer Breakfast, and was not on "the attack". Some read it that way, particularly on the left, but it was just a good speech.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #12  
    Power CUer noonwitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Warren, MI
    Posts
    12,666
    I find it amazing that people on both sides are only recently discovering who Dr. Carson is. The school in the Wayne County Juvenile Detention facility is named after him, and I believe that there is something at Children's Hospital of Michigan named after him. He has a scholarship program for youths from inner cities who are interested in pursuing a medical career.


    One of the juvenile court officials I am in front of on occasion requires all children in her courtroom, delinquent and foster kids alike, to watch the movie about his life (Gifted Hands) and write a paper about it.

    I truly think that Dr. Carson is neither liberal nor conservative. He's someone who has used the gifts he was given to help the most people in as many ways as he can.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #13  
    Senior Member Unreconstructed Reb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    882
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    He had a lot of common sense things to say at the National Prayer Breakfast, and was not on "the attack". Some read it that way, particularly on the left, but it was just a good speech.
    Yeah, especially 0blamer. I'm surprised that Clown in Chief hasn't sent a drone after him yet.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that you won't need it until they try to take it away."---Thomas Jefferson

    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #14  
    Senior Member Unreconstructed Reb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    882
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post

    I truly think that Dr. Carson is neither liberal nor conservative.
    You're in denial. I know it's tough for you 'progressives' (i.e. communists) to let somebody escape from the plantation but you're just going to have to learn to deal with it because I truly believe that, as more blacks like Ben Carson and Allen West emerge, that one day soon there will be a national black epiphany in which they will realize that they have been massively hoodwinked by the demorat party:

    “These Negroes, they’re getting pretty uppity these days and that’s a problem for us since they’ve got something now they never had before, the political pull to back up their uppityness. Now we’ve got to do something about this, we’ve got to give them a little something, just enough to quiet them down, not enough to make a difference. For if we don't move at all, then their allies will line up against us and there'll be no way of stopping them, we'll lose the filibuster and there'll be no way of putting a brake on all sorts of wild legislation. It'll be Reconstruction all over again.”—Lyndon B. Johnson

    “I’ll have those ******s voting Democratic for the next 200 years.” —Lyndon B. Johnson
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that you won't need it until they try to take it away."---Thomas Jefferson

    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #15  
    Power CUer noonwitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Warren, MI
    Posts
    12,666
    Quote Originally Posted by Unreconstructed Reb View Post
    You're in denial. I know it's tough for you 'progressives' (i.e. communists) to let somebody escape from the plantation but you're just going to have to learn to deal with it because I truly believe that, as more blacks like Ben Carson and Allen West emerge, that one day soon there will be a national black epiphany in which they will realize that they have been massively hoodwinked by the demorat party:

    “These Negroes, they’re getting pretty uppity these days and that’s a problem for us since they’ve got something now they never had before, the political pull to back up their uppityness. Now we’ve got to do something about this, we’ve got to give them a little something, just enough to quiet them down, not enough to make a difference. For if we don't move at all, then their allies will line up against us and there'll be no way of stopping them, we'll lose the filibuster and there'll be no way of putting a brake on all sorts of wild legislation. It'll be Reconstruction all over again.”—Lyndon B. Johnson

    “I’ll have those ******s voting Democratic for the next 200 years.” —Lyndon B. Johnson

    Did you even know who Ben Carson was before he gave his speech at the Prayer Breakfast? He's well known in Detroit, because he grew up here and he has given much back here.


    Not everything is always a left/right political argument. Dr. Carson is a great man who gives back. He has opinions on issues that are not in line with what the extremists on the left think they should be. That does not necessarily make him a far-right conservative, not that being so would detract from his accomplishments and generosity in my mind.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #16  
    Senior Member Unreconstructed Reb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    882
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Did you even know who Ben Carson was before he gave his speech at the Prayer Breakfast? He's well known in Detroit, because he grew up here and he has given much back here.


    Not everything is always a left/right political argument. Dr. Carson is a great man who gives back. He has opinions on issues that are not in line with what the extremists on the left think they should be. That does not necessarily make him a far-right conservative, not that being so would detract from his accomplishments and generosity in my mind.
    What you mean is, he has opinions on issues that are not in line with what the left thinks that a black person should be articulating.

    Also, define what 'far right' is in the eyes of a libtard. Would you consider the Founders to be right wing extremists?
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that you won't need it until they try to take it away."---Thomas Jefferson

    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #17  
    Senior Member Apache's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Tree rats are watching you
    Posts
    7,034
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Have you been hanging out with WeeWee smoking weed? Sure he hasn't identified himself on any side but what comes out of his mouth is certainly enough to piss off the left into calling him the right's "new black friend". And the hypocrisy is astounding here and I find it funny that people like Bridget up there can't see it so I'll spell it out:

    The left like to accuse conservatives of picking on Obama because he's black and not based on his ideology. However, they're clearly ripping on Carson because he's black. How do I know? They said as much.
    No NJ. You clearly are on the offensive and are not going to listen to reason. Just because I prefer a more cautious approach before assigning labels does not mean I'm smoking weed. The Left has always been knee-jerk reactionary and you know it. OOOOOooooohhh Toure called Dr Carson the Right's "new black friend", big deal. Who, of any consequence, listens to him anyway? If you know, tell me...


    As for Lanie, just what did she say that was so bad? Did you ever consider that her views on topics may be evolving? Keep shoving her in the box she's trying to get out of... that'll surely show her we're right... I've found that if you talk TO her, instead of AT her, she's a lot more inclined to consider your side of the issue. Try it, she may surprise you.
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

    We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

    R.I.P. Crockspot
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •