Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 I guess we are truly a divided America 
    This is really disturbing. We are going to hell in a handbasket downhill on a muddy hill with the wind at our backs. This is a rant.
    America! Half likes to kill babies and think we should all pay for it, half of us think its murder.
    Half thinks that deviantness is the new normal and want some new rights and half think..Ugh. Half think that guns should only be in the hands of police and the military and the hell with the second amendment. Half think they should eat shit and die.

Half think that welfare and entitlements are a right and half think that its a problem that the stupid half wants us to pay for forever.Half thinks 0bummer care is the cats meow and half think its the end of quality healthcare.
    Half think gutting the military is the way to go to get more money for entitlements and half thinks that that is basically one of the two mandates of the federal government.

And the kicker...Half thinks the sort of a god...the great and glorious 0 is the best thing that happened to us and half of us throw up.

Time to really divide the country, give the tratorious libs what they want in the states they already destroyed and let Americans have the rest. I don't know how to do it but I know they do not like when a conservative is in power and we detest when stinkin libs are in power. Cut the baby in half.

Rant over.

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

Oh yeah I forgot, the lamestream media. Pravda and Tass can't hold a candle to the traitors in our media. They were forced, ours do it willingly!

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by patriot45 View Post
    This is really disturbing. We are going to hell in a handbasket downhill on a muddy hill with the wind at our backs. This is a rant.
    America! Half likes to kill babies and think we should all pay for it, half of us think its murder.
    Half thinks that deviantness is the new normal and want some new rights and half think..Ugh. Half think that guns should only be in the hands of police and the military and the hell with the second amendment. Half think they should eat shit and die.

Half think that welfare and entitlements are a right and half think that its a problem that the stupid half wants us to pay for forever.Half thinks 0bummer care is the cats meow and half think its the end of quality healthcare.
    Half think gutting the military is the way to go to get more money for entitlements and half thinks that that is basically one of the two mandates of the federal government.

And the kicker...Half thinks the sort of a god...the great and glorious 0 is the best thing that happened to us and half of us throw up.

Time to really divide the country, give the tratorious libs what they want in the states they already destroyed and let Americans have the rest. I don't know how to do it but I know they do not like when a conservative is in power and we detest when stinkin libs are in power. Cut the baby in half.

Rant over.
    But the halves are overlapping. Some anti-abortion folks are for equal rights for gay people as well as firm supporters of the Second Amendment.

Liberals and conservatives need each other, like the split personality on Star Trek. America wasn't "better" in the 1950's or whatever magical time you had in mind.

Which doesn't mean that we shouldn't drag some MSNBC commenters and some headupbutt evangelical "leaders" through the streets along with a fair number of Wall Street parasites. This sort of thing is good for any country.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    But the halves are overlapping. Some anti-abortion folks are for equal rights for gay people as well as firm supporters of the Second Amendment.

Liberals and conservatives need each other, like the split personality on Star Trek. America wasn't "better" in the 1950's or whatever magical time you had in mind.

Which doesn't mean that we shouldn't drag some MSNBC commenters and some headupbutt evangelical "leaders" through the streets along with a fair number of Wall Street parasites. This sort of thing is good for any country.
    What split personality on Star Trek? Are you talking about when Kirk was split in the transporter?
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Yeah I see you are brainwashed by the media, they want you to believe what they say and you do! No one who is conservative wants extra rights for gays. As for the second amendment, that is a right. The halves do not overlap unless you let the media define it!

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    What split personality on Star Trek? Are you talking about when Kirk was split in the transporter?
    Didn't they do it a couple of times? Belanna Torres was split into her Klingon half and her human half. She found her Klingon half to be barbaric and her Klingon half found her human half to be weak and indecisive. In the end they realized that they needed each other.

Many liberals are hair brained on the subject of the environment... but Teddy Roosevelt notwithstanding it is the liberals who have been the driving force in environmentalism.

Republicans are big on supporting the military, but unbridled support has led us to be supporting an enormous system of bases and personnel that may be out of date in design.

We bitch about the schools because the liberals have taken over and run rampant, but along the way they addressed a lot of BS that kids have traditionally been put through which was unnecessary and while the Republicans bitched about "self esteem" it really has been beneficial for some.

The Republicans bitch about the breakdown of the class system while bragging that they all started off eating dirt and through their own efforts alone ended up comfortably retired in Killeen with a motorhome and a cabin in North Carolina. Of course, their kids don't live near either one, but so much for family values.

We are a divided America based on the lazy and entitlement freaks. You have on side the lazy who refuse to get a job and think Welfare is an entitlement (They always vote dem because the dems support their laziness)...and on the other side you have people who work for what they have and like to have some self worth (They always vote republican because the republicans promote self worth and working for what you have).

Until people learn the difference of either, you will always be distracted. The rest is just a discractionary ploy to keep people off the real issues at hand.

And the last note: WELFARE IS NOT AN ENTITLEMENT!!

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....
    _ WELFARE IS NOT AN ENTITLEMENT! _

The Republicans bitch about the breakdown of the class system while bragging that they all started off eating dirt and through their own efforts alone ended up comfortably retired in Killeen with a motorhome and a cabin in North Carolina. Of course, their kids don't live near either one, but so much for family values.
    Just to set you straight......my wife and myself raised our three kids to be INDEPENDENT, we provided them a quality education through undergrad school (with NO government assistance), and taught them that the "true family values" are providing a good living for your loving family wherever they are, as well as treating people with respect.......since my wife and myself were "corporate nomads", we also taught the kids that they had to go where their careers led them (like their parents did).......not stuck in the same place for all their lives, bitching and complaining that there were no opportunities where they lived.....they made their own opportunities, and of the three, two are already millionaires,

it doesn't matter a whit to us where they live (they are scattered over the country), so long as we get to see them occasionally, those are our "family values", we passed on a work ethic, sense of faith, and pride in self that guides their paths.......and we are very proud of them........they don't have to live in our basement (or even close to us) for the two of us to be happy with their accomplishments........parenthetically, also proud of our grandchildren.

I would posit that as a liberal, you don't have the foggiest idea of what "family values" actually are.......like the rest of your ilk, you just make them up as you go along.....

doc

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by TVDOC View Post
    Just to set you straight.....
    I spent the first ten years of my life in walking distance of my grandparents and surrounded by aunts, uncles, cousins, and extended family. I was never left in the care of a nonfamily member as a child. I grew up feeling safe and surrounded by family. I value that. When I was 22 I moved to California. Did that, and moved back to the East. I would rather live in Florida near my parents than to live someplace else and visit them. Now that my sisters and their kids are all in California, we're packing up (Mom is 84) and moving there. We'll live together and I will take care of her.

That angst you feel is guilt. I don't have that angst.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by TVDOC View Post
    Just to set you straight......my wife and myself raised our three kids to be INDEPENDENT, we provided them a quality education through undergrad school (with NO government assistance), and taught them that the "true family values" are providing a good living for your loving family wherever they are, as well as treating people with respect.......since my wife and myself were "corporate nomads", we also taught the kids that they had to go where their careers led them (like their parents did).......not stuck in the same place for all their lives, bitching and complaining that there were no opportunities where they lived.....they made their own opportunities, and of the three, two are already millionaires,

it doesn't matter a whit to us where they live (they are scattered over the country), so long as we get to see them occasionally, those are our "family values", we passed on a work ethic, sense of faith, and pride in self that guides their paths.......and we are very proud of them........they don't have to live in our basement (or even close to us) for the two of us to be happy with their accomplishments........parenthetically, also proud of our grandchildren.

I would posit that as a liberal, you don't have the foggiest idea of what "family values" actually are.......like the rest of your ilk, you just make them up as you go along.....

doc
    btw - The Killeen motorhome Carolina cabin comment was about an uncle of mine.