Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Fabulous Poster
    Russians are nasty mean spirited alcoholics. Why would anyone want to adopt one?

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Russians are nasty mean spirited alcoholics. Why would anyone want to adopt one?
    A., They're straight, and B., they're not French.

I don't know, maybe some people like to help out kids in need? But you can't see past your own nose so this concept is lost on you.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    I don't know, maybe some people like to help out kids in need? But you can't see past your own nose so this concept is lost on you.
    You invite unkindness sometimes.

Sonnabend
    He plays to his audience..excuse me...DOWN to his audience. I'd join him, only I have too much respect for my intelligence to bother with you.

I see some things never change. Or grow. Or learn.

Kinda sad..in a pathetic, backwards kind of way.

A couple of points: First, Putin has previously banned adoptions of Russian children by foreigners, so this is just a refinement of that prior decree. Putin is simply posturing now, but he resents the collapse of Russian society and blames the US for it. The adoption of Russian orphans was a sore point because it highlighted an area of failure in Russia, and an area of success in the US.

Second, the USSR, like most communist states, had a fine loathing of homosexuality, which they associated with the decadence of the aristocracy. Stalin and Castro were especially anti-gay, although Mao had his moments. This is why the support for communist regimes by the majority of gay political activists is so hysterically funny, second only to their support for jihadi states. Lenin famously said that the last capitalist would sell the rope with which he would be hanged, but liberal gays will cheerfully discuss the relative aesthetic merits of hemp vs. nylon as the rope is put around their necks.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Russia can do whatever they want. If they think the orphans and foster children of Russia are better off in orphanages and institutions than they are with loving gay people, then so be it. Because we know children are never sexually exploited or abused in those places....

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    A couple of points: First, Putin has previously banned adoptions of Russian children by foreigners, so this is just a refinement of that prior decree. Putin is simply posturing now, but he resents the collapse of Russian society and blames the US for it. The adoption of Russian orphans was a sore point because it highlighted an area of failure in Russia, and an area of success in the US.
    True as that is, Russia is also in the midst of demographic collapse, and freely adopting out the young to other countries only aggravates an avalanche of problems for her future.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post

Second, the USSR, like most communist states, had a fine loathing of homosexuality, which they associated with the decadence of the aristocracy. Stalin and Castro were especially anti-gay, although Mao had his moments. This is why the support for communist regimes by the majority of gay political activists is so hysterically funny, second only to their support for jihadi states. Lenin famously said that the last capitalist would sell the rope with which he would be hanged, but liberal gays will cheerfully discuss the relative aesthetic merits of hemp vs. nylon as the rope is put around their necks.
    I have no problem being viewed as a decadent aristocrat.

You invite unkindness sometimes.
    While you invite it all the time. Tell you what twinkles, why don't you open your house to unwanted children then. Oh, I forgot, you can't see past your own nose.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.