1. #1 Would Obama use a nuke in retaliation? 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    It's a poll.

And of course, Nuclear Weapons Expert nadin, joins in...

Response to Renew Deal (Original post)
    Sat Mar 30, 2013, 12:43 AM

nadinbrzezinski

5. As I have repeatedly said today

Last edited Sat Mar 30, 2013, 12:43 AM USA/ET - Edit history (1)
    A nuke is used, let alone several, all kinds of bets are off...and you might even see third powers cough China cough, get involved and really go to town n their client state.

Could we end in a hot war, rather resumption of hostilities, yes. Exerts agree it s possible with a series of miscalculations. Unlike prevailing ideas the US is not rushing to war.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Nothing bigger than a small tac nuke, and even that would be doubtful. Too much downwind footprint on allies, neutrals, and people we'd prefer to keep uninvolved.

Quote Originally Posted by DumbAss Tanker View Post
    Nothing bigger than a small tac nuke, and even that would be doubtful. Too much downwind footprint on allies, neutrals, and people we'd prefer to keep uninvolved.
    You are assuming he would use common sense.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    You are assuming he would use common sense.
    Even his normal indecision, dithering, and cowardice would get him to the same place, in this case.

Liberals and Progressives owe too much to their immediate emotions to make a rational decision in this (and any, if truth be told) regard.

Expect a deer-in-the-headlights non-response a la Benghazi, followed by a month of hand-wringing, rhetoric, and a quick move to the next crisis after he's abandoned SK; or a grotesque over-reaction, the likes of which will force China all-in or all-out in their support of NK.

There won't be a measured middle ground reply.
    We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion. Avarice, ambition, revenge or gallantry would break the strongest cords of our Constitution as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other.
    In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress.

~John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by DumbAss Tanker View Post
    I doubt that we (or anyone else) has much to worry about vis-a-vis NK's nuclear program. Based on all the technical data that I've read about their testing so far, they have yet to produce a warhead that has performed above the "fizzle" level...........and they certainly don't have a reliable and accurate ballistic delivery system able to get one to a target should they resolve their warhead design issues........

......Yet.......

Iran is another story........they are working with Russian technology, which is proven and reliable.........NK is working with a design stolen from the Paki's, which they (the Paki's) abandoned a decade ago.

doc

I don't understand little Kimies impatience, given a little more time with the current incompetence and ideology of our leadership, we will be at the same level as they are.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

He would only use a nuke against congressional Republicans.

Sic hacer pace, para bellum.
    Sent from my android.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!