Thread: The Wil Wheaton Story That Will Make You Sob In Your Cheerios

Hybrid View

1. #1 The Wil Wheaton Story That Will Make You Sob In Your Cheerios 
    Resident Grump
    http://www.democraticunderground.com/10022590854
    I am not one of those Wil Wheaton fanboys. I think he’s great and all, but I wasn’t into any of the Star Trek television series, and a place like Comic-Con or Mega-Con or Nerd-Con or Neckbeard-Con is as close to my idea of hell as you can get. Wil Wheaton to me is still Gordie from Stand by Me, a movie I taped off of television and watched every day on a crappy VCR after school for something like 3 months in the 90s. I don’t have a particularly strong sense of affection for Wheaton, though: He seems like a nice guy, and he’s been great for nerd culture, his appearances on Big Bang Theory notwithstanding.

But last night, I was sitting in my car about to go into pub trivia and checking Facebook on my phone, when I ran across a story that many of you have may have also seen on your Facebook walls. I’m not sure what compelled me to read it, but five minutes later, my heart may have swollen 3 sizes and there was definitely something in my eye.
    Well worth reading the rest at the link. Only about 2 more paragraphs!

Read more: http://www.uproxx.com/tv/2013/03/the...your-cheerios/
    ,,and what did he do for them after that? Hm? He's all hearts and flowers and rainbows and unicorns...but did he ACTUALLY DO anything? Nope.

The Hollyweirdos just like to 'seem like good people"...ugh...

This weekend, I met dozens of people who told me that they were scientists, engineers, doctors, or programmers because they were inspired by Wesley Crusher
    ..I think I am going to go throw up....

I've seen numerous interviews with Wil Wheaton, and used to watch TNG religiously. He has always been a genuine and down to earth person. Of all the characters on the show; Him, Patrick Stewart, and Levar Burton where my favorites. Brent Spiner on the other hand? He played Data perfectly, but in real life he was a bunnhole ....

Jonathan Frakes (Who is from up the road from me) and Michael Dorn are pretty nice people also.

I also had a huge crush on Marina Sirtis .....

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....
    _ WELFARE IS NOT AN ENTITLEMENT! _

Quote Originally Posted by LukeEDay View Post
    I've seen numerous interviews with Wil Wheaton, and used to watch TNG religiously. He has always been a genuine and down to earth person. Of all the characters on the show; Him, Patrick Stewart, and Levar Burton where my favorites. Brent Spiner on the other hand? He played Data perfectly, but in real life he was a bunnhole ....

Jonathan Frakes (Who is from up the road from me) and Michael Dorn are pretty nice people also.

The thing about Wheaton is it was his attitude that got him sent packing from ST:TNG. As for Marina Sirtis, I met her at a convention in 1994 and she was simply beautiful. Blew me away that she had an English accent.
    "Inequality is a false notion propagated by those who are made to feel guilty for what they have by those who are jealous for what they don't"-Former MTV Host Kennedy

Power CUer
    My knowledge of Wil Wheaton is limited to his turn as a child actor in "Stand By Me", and the multitudinous references to him on "Big Bang Theory".
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

I thought most die-hard trekkies hated Wesley Crusher and thought the character dragged TNG down.

Not that I care. I am not a trekkie, but I liked TNG because of Patrick Stewart, mostly. I also liked recurring villain Q.

(whispering ) don't tell the Moonbats, but Wil Wheaton is a ... Libertarian.

If they found out ... it could ruin their day.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I thought most die-hard trekkies hated Wesley Crusher and thought the character dragged TNG down.
    Everyone knows the Wesley Crusher Treks blow. Change the channel when one comes on.
    Be Not Afraid.

Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    Quote Originally Posted by LukeEDay View Post

I've met a fair share of the star trek cast over the years at conventions.

Wil is ok. He's young and nerdy. Has a nerd sense of humor but is cool.

Met Jonathan Frankes back in the '90 when Celeb boxing was all the rage. He had a mob of girls following him around, couldn't get near him if you wanted with all of them. Tried to get him to do the Celeb boxing we had there, but he wouldn't.

Met Jerry Ryan, for a woman who at the time had 3 kids in her mid 30's, she is drop dead smoking hot.

Walter was funny, my friend Jim about took him out in a dead sprint didn't see him and ran into him.

For the most, most celebs are what they are. Some are cool and layed back. Others are stuck up.

Worst one I met was David Carradine. He made it clear he didn't like talking with fans and hated where he was.

Best one was Marc Singer. He insisted on shaking the hand of any one who looked his way and was very personal.
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    I've met a fair share of the star trek cast over the years at conventions.

Wil is ok. He's young and nerdy. Has a nerd sense of humor but is cool.

Met Jonathan Frankes back in the '90 when Celeb boxing was all the rage. He had a mob of girls following him around, couldn't get near him if you wanted with all of them. Tried to get him to do the Celeb boxing we had there, but he wouldn't.

Met Jerry Ryan, for a woman who at the time had 3 kids in her mid 30's, she is drop dead smoking hot.

Walter was funny, my friend Jim about took him out in a dead sprint didn't see him and ran into him.

For the most, most celebs are what they are. Some are cool and layed back. Others are stuck up.

Worst one I met was David Carradine. He made it clear he didn't like talking with fans and hated where he was.

Best one was Marc Singer. He insisted on shaking the hand of any one who looked his way and was very personal.
    Considering how Carradine died, it's a good thing he didn't shake a lot of hands.
    "Inequality is a false notion propagated by those who are made to feel guilty for what they have by those who are jealous for what they don't"-Former MTV Host Kennedy

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Considering how Carradine died, it's a good thing he didn't shake a lot of hands.

May the FORCE be with you!