1. #1 A Belated Happy Easter Thread 
    So what did everyone do today? Easter egg hunts, church, dinner with family and friends?

I guess I'm not with the program, still calling them Easter eggs and not "spring eggs" or "spring bunny."

Today we had dinner with our friends/neighbors. It was so nice. She had everything decorated for Easter and had the traditional ham. The weather was finally warm and we ate the appetizers out on the lanai (screened in patio/enclosure for those living up north).

I especially enjoyed all her little Easter decorations, as somehow I moved my stuff that I had for years and still can't find it. I'm a traditionalist and loved my little Easter bunny stuff, little hand carved bunnies from Germany and other cute little things that I had since the kids were little. It felt awful to have an undecorated house for Easter (except for one big bunny on a stick that we had outside the house).

How was your Easter?
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Happy Easter to you and everybody else as well. :)

This weekend was Easter to me because I got the weekend off for the first time in ages.

I slept late. I went shopping with my sister and niece. I got some of my car fixed. This morning, I went to church and one of the priests had bunny ears on giving out candy to kids. I went joy riding more than once. I know. It's not a big deal, but it was wonderful having an entire weekend off.

Power CUer
    I took it as a long weekend; last week was "spring break" week for the schools in our area, so the office was dead, with everyone on vacation. I took Friday off and my husband and I spent most of it at the National Gallery of Art, seeing three wonderful exhibits: Albrecht Durer engravings from the Albertina in Vienna, Pre-Raphaelite paintings, and "Faking It: Manipulation of Photographs Before PhotoShop" - which went all the way back to the dawn of photography with replaced backgrounds, inserted (and deleted) people, "spirit" photographs, and other tricks of the trade.

Sunday was (very) early church, and the classic leg of lamb, scalloped potatoes, roasted asparagus, and carrot cake (a nod to the bunny).

We've never done Easter "decorating"; my mother never did, either. It's enough of a challenge to store all the Christmas stuff in the off season, let alone any other holidays.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    We've never done Easter "decorating"; my mother never did, either. It's enough of a challenge to store all the Christmas stuff in the off season, let alone any other holidays.
    I never decorated extensivel. It consisted of some nice little wood pieces from Germany of some stylish little bunnies. The collection fit into a shoe box (or less). The more important things were a few little hand knit or crocheted bunnies to fit over an egg, made very long ago by a friend who no longer is alive. Those few little things meant something to me. And no, don't have lights strung up all over the house or anything like that.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    I never decorated extensivel. It consisted of some nice little wood pieces from Germany of some stylish little bunnies. The collection fit into a shoe box (or less). The more important things were a few little hand knit or crocheted bunnies to fit over an egg, made very long ago by a friend who no longer is alive. Those few little things meant something to me. And no, don't have lights strung up all over the house or anything like that.
    Good to know - I went to a friend's house last week and was surrounded by Bunnies. Bunnies with eggs in little wheelbarrows. Gardening bunnies. Hausfrau bunnies. They were on every table in the house, every flat surface - and each one was about a foot tall! :) They were the equivalent of those carol singers you see all the time at Christmas; a few are fine, but some people never stop collecting them!
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken