1. #1 White House Scrubs First Daughters Ski Trip Report 
    White House Scrubs First Daughters Ski Trip Report

A local news affiliate in Idaho reported that the First Daughters, Sasha and Malia Obama, are on a Spring Break ski trip in Sun Valley, Idaho. The story quickly spread across the Internet when picked up by the highly trafficked Drudge Report website.

But hours later, the story disappeared from the KMVT website without an update or correction.
    He wants to keep his kids out of the news when they travel "alone"...no problem.

The First Family has been criticized in recent days for taking frequent vacations. Earlier this week, Breitbart News broke the story that the Obama daughters spent part of Spring Break at the Atlantis resort on Paradise Island in the Bahamas. Michelle Obama and the First Daughters took a separate ski trip last month to Aspen, Colorado.

While each of these trips require a significant Secret Service presence, the White House canceled public tours this month citing Secret Service staffing costs.
    Not leading by example and telling us to eat cake from his pedestal makes him a dick.

Link
    Be Not Afraid.

The Obama's feel they are entitled to spend the tax payers money on whatever they want; No matter what they cost. It is the typical liberal mindset, spend all of others peoples money while not working for what you have.

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....
    _ WELFARE IS NOT AN ENTITLEMENT! _

More from the story:

UPDATE: The White House has confirmed the report was removed on their request. From Kristina Schake, Communications Director to the First Lady:

From the beginning of the administration, the White House has asked news outlets not to report on or photograph the Obama children when they are not with their parents and there is no vital news interest. We have reminded outlets of this request in order to protect the privacy and security of these girls.
    I guess that fraud, waste and abuse are not vital news interests when Democrats are in the White House. And, make no mistake about it, since getting reelected, the Obamas have averaged a vacation a month!

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...cation-a-month
    Its only March, but the Obama family has welcomed the new year by carving out some real, quality family time. In the first three months of the year, the Obama family has taken three vacations. The trips, at considerable taxpayer expense, come at a time Obama has threatened severe cuts to government services as a result of sequestration. To save money on Secret Service, for example, Obama has canceled public, self-guided tours of the White House. The added Secret Service costs for Obama's vacations, however, are likely far higher than any savings from scrapping the tours.

The Obamas rang in the new year during a long holiday in Hawaii. In February, the family jetted to Aspen for a ski getaway. While his family was there, Obama flew to Florida for a "guys' weekend" of golf with celebrities like Tiger Woods. Obama's golf getaway alone was estimated to cost around $1 million, or about half the savings achieved by canceling the White House tours.

It should also be noted that, since the President and his family decided on separate vacations for Presidents Day weekend, the costs for Secret Service would be considerably higher than if they vacationed together.

Breitbart News reported Monday that the First Daughters, Sasha and Malia, were spending Spring Break with friends at the Atlantis Resort in the Bahamas. It is unknown whether Michelle and Barack will join their daughters in the Bahamas, or if the family will vacation somewhere else for Easter.

Preparations are already underway for the Obamas' summer trip to Martha's Vineyard. That trip is only a little more than four months away. The family will certainly be in need of another get-away by then.

My last TDY trip was in support of an exercise in another state, too close to fly, but far enough to drive so a rental was authorized. Since I was going to be driving quite a bit, and the subcompact that I requested was not available at the rental office (I'd have had to go a couple of hours out of my way to another office to pick up the car), I opted for an upgrade to a compact, for an additional cost to the government of $15. That expense was disallowed, and I had to pay it out of pocket. I've had subordinates have similar issues, and it's hard for me to explain to them that we're in tight financial straights when the First Family goes off for jaunts at the drop of a hat on the taxpayers' dime. Biden's Paris/London trip was another example of the kind of waste that only liberals who love spending other peoples' money can incur.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Sonnabend
    This could have been a Secret Service issue re security. I can see the reasoning if the trip was unannounced or not made public. The Service takes no chances with their protectees..that could be what this is about..

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    This could have been a Secret Service issue re security. I can see the reasoning if the trip was unannounced or not made public. The Service takes no chances with their protectees..that could be what this is about..
    The point is that the tax payers have spend over a billion dollars on vacations for that clown and his family. If he was a republican, the MSM would be ripping him apart.

When Bush was President, the only place he vacationed was to his ranch in Texas (And the MSM screamed every time he did!). That didn't cost nearly as much as the exotic trips this douchebag and his royal jack-wad family take.

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....
    _ WELFARE IS NOT AN ENTITLEMENT! _

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    I have no problem with him keeping his children out of the spotlight or wanting them kept out and they generally keep a low profile. I encourage it.

The issue is that he cancels the WH tours (like a bitch) because he claims the Secret Service can't afford it due to sequestration but then flies his wife and kids all over the country on vacation with SS protection. It's bullshit. Lead from the top Barry. If the WH tours are canceled due to no SS dollars being available, so are the kids vacations. Unless you pay out of your own pocket and not with taxpayer money.
    Be Not Afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    I have no problem with him keeping his children out of the spotlight or wanting them kept out and they generally keep a low profile. I encourage it.

The issue is that he cancels the WH tours (like a bitch) because he claims the Secret Service can't afford it due to sequestration but then flies his wife and kids all over the country on vacation with SS protection. It's bullshit. Lead from the top Barry. If the WH tours are canceled due to no SS dollars being available, so are the kids vacations. Unless you pay out of your own pocket and not with taxpayer money.
    I'd love it if somebody at one of his few and far-between press conferences asked him about this, but given the fact that the White House Press Corps have become his most reliable publicists, I can expect that to happen around the same time that he submits a balanced budget.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

For the liberals who see this as no big deal that the first family takes these lavish vacations I have to ask: what kind of vacations did the Obama's take before moving into the White House? Did they take vacations to Martha's Vinyard and eat lobster every day? Did they take Aspen ski trips every year? Hawaii doesn't bother me because that's where his family is but how many European vacations did they take when he was a state senator or even U.S. senator(he sure as hell wasn't voting on anything). If they never did then they are being nothing more than the Jeffersons and I ain't talking Thomas, I'm talking George and Weezy.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.