Thread: Michelle Obama: 'This Is Your House, Too'

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Michelle Obama: 'This Is Your House, Too' 
    1:16 PM, Apr 2, 2013 • By DANIEL HALPER

At a "workshop" for the film 42 in the State Dining Room of the White House, First Lady Michelle Obama told the assembled guests that "this is your house, too."

"I want to make sure that you all know how welcome you are here in this house, because the truth is we do these things -- we make sure that we do these workshops so that you all know that this is your house, too," Obama told the guests. "So we want you to make yourselves at home. We want you to feel good and relaxed and learn and ask questions, okay?"

The White House is currently not allowing the public to tour or access the White House. Only invited guests are allowed inside.

Michelle Obama thanked the Hollywood actors for making it to the White House. "I want to thank Harrison Ford -- I’ve wanted to say that for a while. (Laughter.) Harrison Ford. So you think you trip because I’m here? I’m tripping out -- (laughter) -- because he’s here. And look at this stage -- Mr. Harrison Ford, Chadwick Boseman -- he’s as cute as he was in the movie. (Laughter.) Just admit it. (Applause.) Outstanding -- as well as Brian Helgeland, who is here as well. You’re going to hear from them," she said. More from chewbacca>
    http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/...oo_714453.html
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

If it's our house, why can't we tour it?
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Us commoners simply aren't welcome unless we fork over probably a minimum of $100k.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Our house eh Moochelle? Where can I send the eviction papers?
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Maybe the commander in chief is afraid. He's getting more unpopular and perhaps doesn't trust the SS to properly guard him. This is just my conjecture, trying to ascertain why, other than being obnoxious, that they'd bar anyone but invited guests.

Perhaps he has a bunker mentality, but it doesn't seem to keep him from travelling to all the most posh sites. Hope he enjoys his summer vacation (probably one of many) on Martha's Vineyard with the rest of the posh elite. Yeah, he's the man of the people alright. Oy!
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Quote Originally Posted by Zathras View Post
    Our house eh Moochelle? Where can I send the eviction papers?

Americans had the chance to evict him in November and chose not to do so.

Senior Member Unreconstructed Reb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Those "American's" that chose not to evict were either moochers, morons or enemies of the state.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that you won't need it until they try to take it away."---Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Ever hear of the term "bread & circuses" Noonie? Thanks to The Empty Suit and his supporters that's what we have today. Politicians, with the help of the entertainment industry, have promised the mind numbed masses (mind numbed from reality TV and such) things like the Obama Phone, free healthcare, food stamps and welfare to buy their votes. And because the voters they are courting with such trinkets only care about themselves and not what's good for the country they are successful.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Quote Originally Posted by Zathras View Post
    Ever hear of the term "bread & circuses" Noonie? Thanks to The Empty Suit and his supporters that's what we have today. Politicians, with the help of the entertainment industry, have promised the mind numbed masses (mind numbed from reality TV and such) things like the Obama Phone, free healthcare, food stamps and welfare to buy their votes. And because the voters they are courting with such trinkets only care about themselves and not what's good for the country they are successful.
    Don't forget all those voters voting from the grave, plus the very dubious actions of some of Obama's minions. Noonie's reply is typical of the left, usually you don't get to finish counting to 3 til that reply pops up. His reelection is a reflection on the non-informed voters and the inability of Republicans to match the dems in their nasty, dirty tactics. When the Republicans man up and take Obama's gun to the fight instead of a knife, then maybe they'll start winning. Being Mr Nice Country club Guy doesn't work.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

He appreciated your vote.