1. #1 Can someone answer me a question about this UN arms Treaty? 
    I dislike obama (well hate is more closer to the mark) and the UN but I keep hearing about how this treaty will somehow constrain our rights to own firearms. I tried reading it and it reads like a bureaucratic text. Does anyone know how it could be used against the gun owners of the US? To all the wise asses I know google is my friend but I am asking people who know more about the law and gun rights as I do.
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly

The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

So there is no solid proof that it will be used against the RKBA? I just would like to be able to point to a part(s) of this treaty and say "hey this can be used against Americans"

Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    Simply put it does a few things.

First all nations will be required to create and maintain a gun reg. database on all guns. As well as track the sale of any weapon and ammo. Also each nation will have to preform checks to make sure each person buying said weapon/ammo is allowed to do so.

Next up any private sale of guns or ammo will also be forced to comply with the weapon/ammo checks on the Gov. database. With Gov. approval before any sale may take place.

Failure to reg. any weapon/ammo will likely result in sever fines, and any weapon used in a crime stolen or otherwise traced back to you will result in you being charged in the crime as well.

In a nut-shell.
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    Simply put it does a few things.

First all nations will be required to create and maintain a gun reg. database on all guns. As well as track the sale of any weapon and ammo. Also each nation will have to preform checks to make sure each person buying said weapon/ammo is allowed to do so.

Next up any private sale of guns or ammo will also be forced to comply with the weapon/ammo checks on the Gov. database. With Gov. approval before any sale may take place.

Failure to reg. any weapon/ammo will likely result in sever fines, and any weapon used in a crime stolen or otherwise traced back to you will result in you being charged in the crime as well.

In a nut-shell.
    I thought these regs would only count for nation to nation sales? There is no way in hell this treaty would pass constitutional muster.

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    I thought these regs would only count for nation to nation sales? There is no way in hell this treaty would pass constitutional muster.
    And how do you track nation to nation sale of an item that is sold privatly?

A database.

And it doesn't, but does in a way. Remember, commerance act.

It doesn't stand a chance of being ratified by Congress, but being passed is just one more step closer, and if you get a Dem Congress with a Dem president as we had in early '09 its through. They will just agree to it later.

One other thing that is working its way through congress right now is a bill that forces any one who owns a gun to go out and buy Gov. mandated liability insurance or face a $10,000 fine and prison time if you fail to do so.

The thought is if they make it too expensive to get the insurance, and to costly not to have it, people won't want to own the guns to begin with.
    Rest In Peace America

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    And how do you track nation to nation sale of an item that is sold privatly?

A database.

And it doesn't, but does in a way. Remember, commerance act.

It doesn't stand a chance of being ratified by Congress, but being passed is just one more step closer, and if you get a Dem Congress with a Dem president as we had in early '09 its through. They will just agree to it later.

One other thing that is working its way through congress right now is a bill that forces any one who owns a gun to go out and buy Gov. mandated liability insurance or face a $10,000 fine and prison time if you fail to do so.

The thought is if they make it too expensive to get the insurance, and to costly not to have it, people won't want to own the guns to begin with.

I read about that insurance proposal, no way in hell would the companies go for that. I could see offering a plan for accidental shootings but like cars they won't pay for criminal acts and even if they did would that pass constitutional muster? Though on the other hand the NRA could sell cheap insurance and require you to join and that could bite them on the ass not only would their membership rolls swell they would be swimming in cash.

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    I read about that insurance proposal, no way in hell would the companies go for that. I could see offering a plan for accidental shootings but like cars they won't pay for criminal acts and even if they did would that pass constitutional muster? Though on the other hand the NRA could sell cheap insurance and require you to join and that could bite them on the ass not only would their membership rolls swell they would be swimming in cash.
    It's DOA in Congress. It's more pony and dog show for the faithful left then actually getting passed. And it's not about crime, its about getting the guns. Much like their way of getting people to drive more fuel eff. cars, or stop smoking. If it cost too much with all the taxes, or in this case insurance, then people wont buy it. And in a round about way, they still get the guns.
    Rest In Peace America

There has to be 65 votes from the senate to pass here. There are conservative Dems, and there is no way that any of those senators will vote for it, they will be committing political suicide if they did.

The only way it will be passed here is if Obama makes an executive order making it so. And if he did that, it would go to the supreme court faster than Mooch-elle going for a peace of fried chicken.

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....
    _ WELFARE IS NOT AN ENTITLEMENT! _