Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Member Unreconstructed Reb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    You will beg for single payer.
    It's that Barney Frank thing, isn't it.............................
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that you won't need it until they try to take it away."---Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    They can't run it efficiently---have never run anything efficiently. There have been articles in the local paper saying how Cancer Centers (independent of hospitals) now are denying many of the chemo treatments, as of April 1st there were changes in the Medicare laws lowering the amounts reimbursed so drastically that the cancer centers say they will go broke.

So all you libs who voted for the mighty O, or those who protested that Romney wasn't conservative enough or was a Mormon, think about the people who will be dying from cancers that could have been treated.

Nice work, Obama and Pissoli (the lovely Nancy P).
    I saw that too. Think about that. It's an $8000 per treatment protocol and a hospital can do it for the Medicare reimbursement but Datoli can't? Doesn't make sense on any level, does it? What exactly costs $8000 per treatment and how much of that is profit to the provider, the manufacturer/whatever, etc.... Who paid for the development of this treatment? How much does it really cost to deliver it?

The woman in the article says, "I don't want the government interfering in my healthcare." Really? Seems to me that you do since your major objection here is that it's going to cost you more out of pocket for this treatment.

Here's what I think the deal is: Datoli charged $8000, got paid something like $4000 by Medicare and "writes off" the difference. No out of pocket. In reality, the therapy is supposed to be reimbursed at $4000 with the patient paying 20% co-pay, and hospitals which follow the rules will collect the $800 and be reimbursed $3200 by Medicare. Of course Datoli is going to complain, a cash cow is dying.

BTW, my friend and breast cancer survivor says that Cancer Treatment Centers and places like that aren't on the up and up. Unlike hospitals which generally won't do therapies which aren't effective, these private facilities will given ineffective chemo to collect the charges and convince the patient that they are willing to be "more aggressive" than Tampa General.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    I saw that too. Think about that. It's an $8000 per treatment protocol and a hospital can do it for the Medicare reimbursement but Datoli can't? Doesn't make sense on any level, does it? What exactly costs $8000 per treatment and how much of that is profit to the provider, the manufacturer/whatever, etc.... Who paid for the development of this treatment? How much does it really cost to deliver it?

The woman in the article says, "I don't want the government interfering in my healthcare." Really? Seems to me that you do since your major objection here is that it's going to cost you more out of pocket for this treatment.

Here's what I think the deal is: Datoli charged $8000, got paid something like $4000 by Medicare and "writes off" the difference. No out of pocket. In reality, the therapy is supposed to be reimbursed at $4000 with the patient paying 20% co-pay, and hospitals which follow the rules will collect the $800 and be reimbursed $3200 by Medicare. Of course Datoli is going to complain, a cash cow is dying.

BTW, my friend and breast cancer survivor says that Cancer Treatment Centers and places like that aren't on the up and up. Unlike hospitals which generally won't do therapies which aren't effective, these private facilities will given ineffective chemo to collect the charges and convince the patient that they are willing to be "more aggressive" than Tampa General.
    Instead of ending up with the latest in greatest in cancer treatment tools, we will just have older outdated technology. Medical equipment is not inexpensive and either is the calibrations and upkeep.

Profit is such an evil word with liberals like you.

Quote Originally Posted by RobJohnson View Post
    Profit is such an evil word with liberals like you.
    It's just not FAIR! /Du mode
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.