Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    BURN!!! Nova
    Your house and Gambia have something in common.

Nova must think that pedophilia is a sexual orientation? Then most gay people do. Do you also think beastiality and necrophilia are an orientation also, Nova?

That leads me to a question: I wonder how many morticians are necrophiliacs?

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....
    _ WELFARE IS NOT AN ENTITLEMENT! _

I'm not much on social conservatism within politics anymore, but this is one area where they are right to be going nuts. Leave it to stupid California idiots to start pushing sexual predatory tendancies toward children as just "another lifestyle orientation".
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    I'm not much on social conservatism within politics anymore, but this is one area where they are right to be going nuts. Leave it to stupid California idiots to start pushing sexual predatory tendancies toward children as just "another lifestyle orientation".
    I'm still waiting to see where they did that.

BTW, yesterday a phrase search on this article yielded a half dozen results. Now it's 2800. All of them reference the "article (blog post)" at rethink.

What this blog post is doing is grossly dishonest.

Fabulous Poster
    rehash

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/0..._n_198167.html

Democrats Accused Of Using Hate Crime Bill To Protect Pedophiles (VIDEO)
    First Posted: 06/06/09 06:12 AM ET Updated: 05/25/11 02:20 PM ET

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    What exactly is "right there (wow!)" ? Something someone posted on a blog. You'll note that the headline on the blog has a question mark after it in parenthesis. This is the Glenn Beck style, ie "I didn't say that the bill did that. I ASKED if it did. IS there something wrong with me asking or am I too stupid to know better?"

Your lack of a critical eye says a great deal about your integrity. DOn't you think that if Alcee Hastings had said that it would have been all over credible conservative radio? But no, all reference to this trace back to this blog.

And again, the thread headline says : California Bill Says Pedophilia Is A Sexual Orientation. No , it doesn't. Wow (Ben Stein's voice)!
    I can't speak for the bill in question (much less why a Florida Congressman would weigh in on a California bill), but in a speech on federal hate crimes legislation, Hastings ran through a litany of protected sexual orientations, which included pedophilia and zoophilia (bestiality), and while he did this for comedic effect, he then turned around and announced that the bill would protect all of these orientations and opposed hatred of of those orientations. Here's the video:

--Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by LukeEDay View Post
    That leads me to a question: I wonder how many morticians are necrophiliacs?
    You probably don't really want to know.

Really, either only heterosexual sex with sexually-mature partners is normal and everything else is pathological (Some harming other people and some not), or everything including heterosexuality is just an "Orientation," there really can't be any middle ground logically. I go with the first group, and IMHO the second approach leads inevitably to first social disintegration and then directly or indirectly to population collapse.

I'm still waiting to see where they did that.

BTW, yesterday a phrase search on this article yielded a half dozen results. Now it's 2800. All of them reference the "article (blog post)" at rethink.

What this blog post is doing is grossly dishonest.
    It's possible the blog is a dud, yes.

But it's not like there are no tendancy for groups seeking political influence to make headways on the subject of relaxing sexual consent laws on minors. Dialectics is Dialectics is Dialectics. In social progress, this is the way of things in our culture.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    It's possible the blog is a dud, yes.

But it's not like there are no tendancy for groups seeking political influence to make headways on the subject of relaxing sexual consent laws on minors. Dialectics is Dialectics is Dialectics. In social progress, this is the way of things in our culture.
    I expect that we'll see a lot more of this desperate noise bombing as there appears to be a great shift in the Republican Party towards equal rights for gay people. Those who have enjoyed portraying gay people and gay rights as a giant boogeyman and enemy of God and capitalism are going to get even trashier and less rational in what they think will make their case. I give you poor NJCardfan. Don't you just have to wonder how it was that he happened upon an obscure blog that just happened to have such a thing on it?

What exactly is "right there (wow!)" ? Something someone posted on a blog. You'll note that the headline on the blog has a question mark after it in parenthesis. This is the Glenn Beck style, ie "I didn't say that the bill did that. I ASKED if it did. IS there something wrong with me asking or am I too stupid to know better?"

Your lack of a critical eye says a great deal about your integrity. DOn't you think that if Alcee Hastings had said that it would have been all over credible conservative radio? But no, all reference to this trace back to this blog.

And again, the thread headline says : California Bill Says Pedophilia Is A Sexual Orientation. No , it doesn't. Wow (Ben Stein's voice)!
    Ok...one more time, for those with a queer eye for nothing....
    Republicans attempted to add an amendment specifying that, “pedophilia is not covered as an orientation.” However, the Democrats defeated the amendment.

Did you catch it that time princess?????
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot