1. #1 Movie critic Roger Ebert dies 
    Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    CHICAGO (AP) — Roger Ebert, the most famous and most popular film reviewer of his time who became the first journalist to win a Pulitzer Prize for movie criticism and, on his long-running TV program, wielded the nation's most influential thumb, died Thursday, the Chicago Sun-Times reported. He was 70.

Ebert had been a film critic for the Chicago Sun-Times since 1967. He had announced on his blog Wednesday that he was undergoing radiation treatment after a recurrence of cancer.
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

How sad.

Ebert and Siskel interview each other

This story originally ran in The Tribune's Arts & Entertainment section on April 19, 1998.

Movie critics Gene Siskel and Roger Ebert have co-hosted the weekly, nationally syndicated film review TV show “Siskel & Ebert” for the past 23 years, and on Thursday the Museum of Broadcast Communications honored the broadcasters.

In all those years, the two have been interviewed hundreds of times, but never has one interviewed the other.

Here Siskel questions Ebert, offering a distinct insight into the worlds of moviemaking and movie criticism. And then after each answer, Siskel gets in the last word. After all, this is his home turf.

Siskel: OK, why back away from it--the number one question we get: “Do you guys really hate each other?”

Ebert: During some hours of some days, yes. Most of the time, no. We are both soloists and find it difficult on occasions to sing a duet.
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/entert...0,841712.story

I remember watching Siskel & Ebert when I was a kid every week on WGN Chicago.

Never liked his politics, but most often agreed with his reviews of good film. He was a real champ the last several years of his life. Really a shock since I just read a blog of his the other day. I'll miss him.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

He was pretty spot on with his movie reviews but like all movie people he was a left wing ideologue. However, I don't ever remember he or Siskel who brought politics into their reviews.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    He was pretty spot on with his movie reviews but like all movie people he was a left wing ideologue. However, I don't ever remember he or Siskel who brought politics into their reviews.

Read his reviews on political documentaries then. I always felt he was enamored too much by Michael Moore and such. It's not that Moore isn't a great filmaker, but his reviews always hinged less on the filmaking.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    It was rare, but it happened on occasion. His review of Atlas Shrugged was a combination of bias and dislike, but he was up front about it. RIP.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

We watched Siskel and Ebert when I was a teenager. I usually like Ebert's opinion more because he could laugh at comedies, and was willing to admit that not every move starring Meryl Streep was worthy of an Oscar.