Thread: UGP Freaks Out

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Based on what she's posted, she's clearly a deeply disturbed individual. To the extent that we give her any attention at all, we should pity her, not because of her claims of victimization, but because she is so obviously incapable of dealing with reality, and lives in terror of things that most sane people have no problem with. The real whores are the enablers at DU who use her, as the left uses Cindy Sheehan (another deeply disturbed hysteric) as a means of advancing their agenda.
    No I have to disagree with you here, shes intelligent enough to know what it would take to get better but shes wallowing in her own self pity, while I agree with you how DU is enabling her to a certain degree.
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly

I stand with Bailey. UPG is a waste of oxygen.

Quote Originally Posted by obx View Post
    I stand with Bailey. UPG is a waste of oxygen.
    I hate to think like that but she has had many many times and opportunities to get well but like most leftest scum she blames the world instead of looking at herself. Its time to stop wasting money on her ass and let her sink or swim.
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly

Okay, so at least we have some alleged diagnoses to look at here. UP is claiming PTSD and Disassociatve Personality Disorder (what used to be called Multiple Personality Disorder).

I'm not going to pick apart PTSD. It's one of those things everyone has to some degree, if they've ever experienced any kind of trauma. It impairs some people more than others, and many people never seek treatment for it because they have dealt with the issue.

DID, on the other hand, is highly disputed by professionals as to whether it is a genuine disorder, or the patient has a somewhat voluntary role in it. My theory is that it is the defense mechanism of a creative child gone horribly wrong, because it is a defense mechanism that only works for a child. It's not like it is portrayed in movies and on tv. It is somewhat voluntary on the patient's part.

UP is FUBAR, so it really doesn't matter what the actual diagnosis is in the long run. The treatment is still going to be medication.