Thread: "Fireproof"

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbur View Post
    Would never spend a red cent propping up that demented fool, Kirk Cameron.
    Oh, well. I guess that explains why the movie is making $6,514,000 instead of $6,514,007.

Moron.
    OPEACHMENT NOW!!!

Stinger:
    "I was... ordered to drop my pants, bend over and spread my cheeks."
    --RagingInMiami achieving the DUmp's highest level of nirvana

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    I loved the show Growing Pains when I was a kid. I forgot about it in yesterday's day thread. What makes Kirk demented in your (demented) mind?

Wilbur is almost pathologically anti religious.

And hates people who believe.

Because he's so much smarter than they are.

Quote Originally Posted by asdf2231 View Post
    Because they're so much smarter than he is.
    f1x0r3d!!!
    OPEACHMENT NOW!!!

Stinger:
    "I was... ordered to drop my pants, bend over and spread my cheeks."
    --RagingInMiami achieving the DUmp's highest level of nirvana

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    I loved the show Growing Pains when I was a kid. I forgot about it in yesterday's day thread. What makes Kirk demented in your (demented) mind?
    He and his cohort, Ray Comfort, are fervent promoters of extreme scientific ignorance. They are so wacky-wacky that they are even somewhat of black sheep among many other notable 'anti-evolution' spin doctors.

No, asdf, it doesn't have anything to do with the fact that they are religious, in so far as their religious beliefs influence their ignorant anti-science message anyways.... which they attempt to spread far and wide.

And of course, what sane person could make a video like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGMuIyBK5P4

noonwitch
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbur View Post
    He and his cohort, Ray Comfort, are fervent promoters of extreme scientific ignorance. They are so wacky-wacky that they are even somewhat of black sheep among many other notable 'anti-evolution' spin doctors.

No, asdf, it doesn't have anything to do with the fact that they are religious, in so far as their religious beliefs influence their ignorant anti-science message anyways.... which they attempt to spread far and wide.

And of course, what sane person could make a video like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGMuIyBK5P4

I always thought Kirk was earnest in his faith, although somewhat simplistic. When his friend in the video makes a circle with one hand and sticks the bannana through it with the other, it's not God I'm thinking of.

I don't doubt that the movie has a good message, and that is what matters in the long run.

I just feel the need to give y'all some real life background on the producers of the film. After Facing the Giants They kinda became the darlings of christians. Don't be fooled. Sherwood Baptist Church is located in Albany, GA, near where I live, and in the city I used to work.

The pastor of the church,and the overseer of Sherwood Pictures, is Alex Kendrick. A few years back, he told his congregation that God spoke to him and told him to build the largest church in Albany. The church took up donations and raised the money to build a huge frickin church, to go along with an athletic powerhouse of a private school. Well, after a while, Byne Baptist Church built an even bigger church in Albany, along with a private school of their own. Now Kendrick has informed his congregation about a year or so ago that they needed to build another church even bigger then Byne. That plans would only be stopped if God speaks to him and tells him not to.

I hate when churches get into these pissing contests.:mad:
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Left Behind: The Movie

Left Behind II: Tribulation Force

Left Behind: World at War

Three movies - same subject - about the end of the world: Definition of an illogical obsession?
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I always thought Kirk was earnest in his faith, although somewhat simplistic. When his friend in the video makes a circle with one hand and sticks the bannana through it with the other, it's not God I'm thinking of.
    Earnest, yes I think so. Misguided and ill-informed? Definitely.

thanks a lot. This was a thread about a sweet movie and I wanted my daughter to read it. Now you hate-filled people have turned it into another one of your confrontations.

Can't you leave anything alone?

Personally I think he's whacked. But if the movie is good, so what? Go see it and enjoy.
    If you want a REAL nutcase, look no further than Tom-Cat.
    There's no way you can trust her. Her missile is gigantic