Thread: "Fireproof"

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by wineslob View Post
    If you want a REAL nutcase, look no further than Tom-Cat.
    You have my TOTAL agreement there!

No Audience' for Tom Cruise's Hitler Flick

The first opinions are in on Tom Cruise’s Christmas Day release about the failed assassination attempt on Adolf Hitler.

The movie in question is "Valkyrie," a project now exceeding $100 million and maybe the cause of the end of this chapter in the life of United Artists.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by wineslob View Post
    Personally I think he's whacked. But if the movie is good, so what? Go see it and enjoy.
    If you want a REAL nutcase, look no further than Tom-Cat.
    Fair point.

Quote Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post
    thanks a lot. This was a thread about a sweet movie and I wanted my daughter to read it. Now you hate-filled people have turned it into another one of your confrontations.

Can't you leave anything alone?
    I wasn't saying anything about the movie. I never saw Facing the Giants, but everything I heard was positive. Even a skunk can make beautiful babies.;)
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    Left Behind: The Movie

Left Behind II: Tribulation Force

Left Behind: World at War

Three movies - same subject - about the end of the world: Definition of an illogical obsession?
    So... all those books by Dawkins, Hitchens, and others about how awful and evil religion and the religious are... Logical? Not obsessed?
    OPEACHMENT NOW!!!

Stinger:
    "I was... ordered to drop my pants, bend over and spread my cheeks."
    --RagingInMiami achieving the DUmp's highest level of nirvana

Quote Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post
    thanks a lot. This was a thread about a sweet movie and I wanted my daughter to read it. Now you hate-filled people have turned it into another one of your confrontations.

Can't you leave anything alone?
    Psst.

Hey, LL...

"TOMATO JUICE?!?!?!"
    OPEACHMENT NOW!!!

Stinger:

This comes down to religious people like this guy placing themselves "above" others - feeling so sorry for those that will have to witness the chosen one’s cars setting, idling at intersections, with piles of clothes where the ‘ones of the body’ once resided.

A special group indeed - taken up in the Rapture and separate from those that didn’t meet the mark.

What? The Jehovah’s Witnesses don’t think so? Doesn’t matter - they’re going to burn in Hell, over and over, for eternity - anyway. Because only we ‘of the body’ know the secret of eternal life, and as we all know - that has nothing to do with spaceships shaped like DC-9’s.
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

This comes down to religious people like this guy placing themselves "above" others - feeling so sorry for those that will have to witness the chosen one’s cars setting, idling at intersections, with piles of clothes where the ‘ones of the body’ once resided.

A special group indeed - taken up in the Rapture and separate from those that didn’t meet the mark.

What? The Jehovah’s Witnesses don’t think so? Doesn’t matter - they’re going to burn in Hell, over and over, for eternity - anyway. Because only we ‘of the body’ know the secret of eternal life, and as we all know - that has nothing to do with spaceships shaped like DC-9’s.
    Burn that straw man, LP! Burn it good! Hyuk!
    OPEACHMENT NOW!!!

Stinger:

Patent Member
    This comes down to religious people like this guy placing themselves "above" others
    Well it's a good thing atheists never express any moral superiority. That would be hypocracy!

I saw it yesterday, good movie.
    Glad to hear it's doing well for an independently made Christian movie with a limited theatrical release.
    'Facing the Giants' was good, too.

"Fireproof" stayed in the top 10 for its second weekend with a grand total of almost $12.5M in earnings. It has surpassed "Facing the Giants" lifetime earnings and has moved into the top 10 Christian movies according to Box Office Mojo.

The film creators are going to be adding over 300 new theaters to the release over the next 2 weeks. Very cool!

Stand back, people. God is WORKING!
    OPEACHMENT NOW!!!

Stinger: