Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Plus-Size Dresses Sold in ‘Manatee Gray’ 
    Not Good: Target Apologizes for Plus-Size Dresses Sold in ‘Manatee Gray’
    Apr. 6, 2013 12:02pm Madeleine Morgenstern
    arget has apologized after shoppers in Brooklyn discovered a style of plus-size dresses sold in “manatee gray.”

The dress was sold in “dark heather gray” in smaller sizes, the New York Post reported.

Michelle Ho, a 26-year-old shopper at Atlantic Terminal Mall, told the Post that Target was “putting down one set of people over another.”

“It is insulting — they should have known better,” 29-year-old shopper Claudia Belisle said.

Target spokeswoman Jessica Deede called the Massimo-brand “Women’s Plus-Size Kimono Maxi Dress” label “an unintentional oversight and we apologize.”

She said the manatee gray was a seasonal color, but that Target was “fixing the discrepancy” and had removed the dress from the company’s website.
    http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013...-manatee-gray/

Snork!
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

"Manatee" is more insulting than "plus-size" or "Maxi Dress"? C'mon now..........

http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

Quote Originally Posted by marv View Post
    "Manatee" is more insulting than "plus-size" or "Maxi Dress"? C'mon now..........
    It's a good way to get a flipper across the face!
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Fabulous Poster
    Also available in Ringling Red, Kenworth Khaki, Shamu Blue, and Lard Yellow.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Also available in Ringling Red, Kenworth Khaki, Shamu Blue, and Lard Yellow.
    Were you dress shopping again?

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    It's a good way to get a flipper across the face!
    Rock you are funny!

Nova ... What is Kenworth Khaki? Is a new one to me.

Having lived on the Gulf side of Florida for 10 years, and seen quite a few manatees ... yes, they are grey in color. Not to be nasty here, but they always made me think of large baking potatoes with flippers. We always had to slow down the boat for them while in a "Slow, Manatee Zone" on the inland waterway.

However, I do feel sorry for Michelle Ho ... and other plus-size women out there. Not because the Target folks called the color "Manatee Grey" ... but because of their already present low self-esteem.

I really think that they either do not know what foods to avoid in order to keep their weight down, are depressed/angry and eat to comfort themselves, or have simply given up on trying to do anything about it and indulge to their heart's content.

Or in some cases, is sadly a case of not being able to afford a varied diet and exist mainly on the less expensive and CARB filled food items such as bread, potatoes, pasta, rice etc.

As I said, I do feel sorry for these women ...

But at the same time, I feel even more strongly that it is wrong for Target, or any business for that matter,to give in so easily to PC criticism.
    Last edited by ABC in Georgia; 04-07-2013 at 12:03 AM.
    American By Choice ~ 1980

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by ABC in Georgia View Post
    Rock you are funny!

Nova ... What is Kenworth Khaki? Is a new one to me.

I heard this on Leno.....They've changed it to Battleship Gray...

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Oh my!

Funny, yet still cruel, you beast.

Wish that I could turn the clock back and teach them how to eat properly and exercise all that fat off.

(I used to teach aerobics way back when we lived in Houston, along with a sprinkling of self-esteem thrown in for good measure.)
    American By Choice ~ 1980

Target's plus sized clothes suck, anyways. Even though I'm losing weight, I'm still in the 18 range, which makes me plus sized. I'm probably always going to wear plus-sized shirts, even if my pants size decreases to a 12 or 14.

Target's women's clothes are tight in the shoulders. I think this applies to their regular sizes, too. My sister is a size 6 and has the same complaint.