What a fucking whine-O-rama...

Sat Apr 6, 2013, 09:25 AM
kpete

"I live on $710.00 a month, what exactly am I supposed to cut?"

Last edited Sat Apr 6, 2013, 09:49 AM USA/ET - Edit history (2)
FRI APR 05, 2013 AT 04:54 PM PDT
I live on $710.00 a month, what exactly am I supposed to cut?
by Horace Boothroyd III

My rent is a reasonable $209.00 because I have a HUD Cube. For how long?, who knows?

That leaves me with $501.00

Phone $35.00 a month.

That leaves me with $466.00

Internet is $45.00 dollars a month.

That leaves me with $421.00

My medication is $50.00 a month, counting bare bones OTC care too.

That leaves me with $371.00

Pootie care is another $50.00 a month-not including vet and tag costs.

That leaves me with $321.00

I had to borrow $140.00 last month because the vet bill the previous month left me behind.

That leaves me with $181.00

With that I'm expected to feed myself for a month. But also maintain grooming standards with products for me because of my skin sensitivities and allergies are extremely expensive. I make what I can to avoid allergens and to reduce costs but there are many things I can't make. Toothbrushes, toilet paper, trash bags, many cleaning products. I try to get clothes from the discount store, or thrift stores. Shoes too, I should be getting special ones but I lack the fortitude to break the HMO bureaucratic maze to get them. But shoes are a large recurring expense for me because I do walk so much.

I also have learned to cook everything I eat from scratch. Again because of finances and allergies. But food is not inexpensive. I can drink the generic coffee at $12.00 a can and I can buy bulk size foods at the restaurant supply. But by the end of the first week it is usually doubtful I will have more than one hundred dollars left.

Today after getting all things covered, with the exception of some food stuffs I'm just going to have to go without.

I have a grand total of $18.00.

No worries. I get to start all over again on the first.

But what exactly am I being wasteful with?

And more importantly after thirty years of 'compassionate' conservatism don't you think it is time for some Humanism instead?

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/0...upposed-to-cut
I'm sure dear kpete will be contacting KOS to find where she can donate money to help...
Or better yet...invite poor Horace to move in with her.