Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post
    What? Spend ANOTHER $35 of taxpayer money???? Think man.....THINK!

I just saved about 12% of he/she/its monthly income.... and you want them to squander another 5%????

It's exactly this kind of thinking that has gotten us to this point... Da net and da pet, gotta go...
    Well, no, I don't really want him to squander even more taxpayer money (I'm guessing the $710/month he gets is welfare anyway). I was just looking at "things it's possible to cut out." Phone is one of them. You don't actually have to have a phone, despite what people claim. I lived for years without a phone and got on just fine. Got jobs and everything. I didn't have phone service here for more than two weeks because of some mix-up at Comcast and I didn't even notice, nor did anyone else.

Beyond that, AT&T home phone service starts at $9/month in Portland, including unlimited local calling. If he's actually looking for a job (the sole basis for the claim that people "need" telephones, outside of 911, which is covered on every single phone in the country now, whether it has service or not), this is way cheaper than $35.
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post
    The pet can live.... with someone who can afford it.
    Ayep. I love my four-footed children as well, but even if they were two-footed children, if I couldn't afford to provide for them, they would need to go somewhere where they could have a better life.
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Wood View Post
    Ayep. I love my four-footed children as well, but even if they were two-footed children, if I couldn't afford to provide for them, they would need to go somewhere where they could have a better life.
    I'm not going to begrudge a disabled person a pet.

There won't be cuts for illegal aliens getting an education or food or medical care, their won't be cuts for people that never worked a day in their lives and serve no purpose other than to breed with multiple men so that the children can be used to draw more welfare. There won't be cuts in housing to people that have never got up in the morning to go to work but our servicemen will be denied their promised tuition help, benefits, medical care and our elderly that paid in a portion of their earnings week after week to the promise called social security will have their food cut back, their medicine cut back and be begrudged the company of having a pet.
    Is this what we want?
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Fabulous Poster
    Well, no, I don't really want him to squander even more taxpayer money (I'm guessing the $710/month he gets is welfare anyway). I was just looking at "things it's possible to cut out." Phone is one of them. You don't actually have to have a phone, despite what people claim. I lived for years without a phone and got on just fine. Got jobs and everything. I didn't have phone service here for more than two weeks because of some mix-up at Comcast and I didn't even notice, nor did anyone else.

Beyond that, AT&T home phone service starts at $9/month in Portland, including unlimited local calling. If he's actually looking for a job (the sole basis for the claim that people "need" telephones, outside of 911, which is covered on every single phone in the country now, whether it has service or not), this is way cheaper than $35.
    Our standard of baseline living in this country is rightfully high relative to Botswana. A basic cell phone or land line is a practical necessity. Not having a phone for a time when you know that you will have one soon is not the same as not having one and having no idea when you will. As I have said of my own youth, there is a difference between playing poor and actually being poor. When Celeste and I moved to San Francisco we didn't have a lot of money, but we did have financial security on the other end of the phone. There is a difference between a nice apartment with no furniture and a crappy apartment with no furniture.

Fabulous Poster
    I want to know what a "HUD cube" is.

Social security is worked for an paid into, military benefits are worked for and often paid with a life. This is what Obama is cutting, the rest of his welfare/ race redistribution is unfucking touched, that pisses me off.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    I want to know what a "HUD cube" is.

May the FORCE be with you!

I am sure he/she/it qualifies for EBT. I wonder what other details are being left out?

I wonder how much help he/she/it receives for utilities? Food banks? I'm pretty sure they are taking advantage of every program out there, above and beyond the low income they claim.

Get rid of the fucking dog. I don't give a shit if they are disabled or not. If they are disabled and can take care of a dog, they can fucking work.

Don't get me wrong, I know what you meant. However you free up that $35 that they are already "paying for" with a freebie, you're paying twice, so what's the point?
    We have too many paid for twice programs with nothing to show for them.... That was my point...
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot