Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Hello, hello? can you hear me now?
    Yes, thank you for switching to Verizon posts. (It's coming, guys. Just wait).

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    You mean like you Republicans have delusions of.

Yeah, you actually have to prove your income and where you're spending stuff. If you lie about this stuff and get caught, you could go to jail. Since the majority of those on welfare have not been charged with fraud and since this country supposedly believes in innocent until proven guilty, I will assume that most people on some form of welfare actually need it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    You mean like you Republicans have delusions of.

Yeah, you actually have to prove your income and where you're spending stuff. If you lie about this stuff and get caught, you could go to jail. Since the majority of those on welfare have not been charged with fraud and since this country supposedly believes in innocent until proven guilty, I will assume that most people on some form of welfare actually need it.
    Wow. Um, I mean, wow.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Are you sure about that? $209/mo would seem a bare minimum almost anywhere I can think of. Even here in economically depressed Florida, a one bedroom apartment is going to cost at least $450 a month. Motel rooms rent for $150/week.

I know this is twisted, but every since I was little kid I have wanted to live in a motel. Of course, I didn't dream of living in a motel that rents to people who live in motels. I wanted to live in the Howard Johnsons on Treasure Island.

I've never worked on Section 8, but have had many clients who are receiving the benefit of the program. The people who pay $209 are renting houses-the total rent is probably something like $500+, and Section 8 picks up the difference.

A apartment would be a better deal-he is referring to a government block or whatever, so I assume he means project housing, which is frequently less than $100 a month for the recipient. I've seen situations where the people pay $50 a month. Of course, it's to live in the projects.