Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RobJohnson View Post
    I wish our big government would quit wasting tax dollars on dead beats that won't work.
    And yet Republicans have never been able to prove that's the case with most recipients. If you had ever tried to get assistance, you'd know how hard it is to get it. You can't just walk in and get it. You have to prove that you're po working your way up to poor. You often have to show where your own money is going with receipts. If one of those receipts is cable television, that counts against the person asking for help. It's nowhere near as easy as you all make it out to be.

I'm still waiting to see the welfare queen in the mercedes binz.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    And yet Republicans have never been able to prove that's the case with most recipients. If you had ever tried to get assistance, you'd know how hard it is to get it. You can't just walk in and get it. You have to prove that you're po working your way up to poor. You often have to show where your own money is going with receipts. If one of those receipts is cable television, that counts against the person asking for help. It's nowhere near as easy as you all make it out to be.

The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Yeah, bullshit, any proof that is offered just gets dismissed with "That's just partisan rhetoric," or "Those are just anecdotal incidents." Sure, there are places where it works as you describe; there are also plenty of places where 'Community organizers' have the system so thoroughly corrupted that, like any other political machine, if you go through the right people and are from the right constituency, the right levers will be pulled and buttons pushed to give you your prize, because the oversight and accountability is provided by agencies that are as involved with the machine and its political power as is always the case where one party has long-term dominance in government.

Soak it in hot water, kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    I know. Everything I do is a disappointment to you and you want to see me drop off the face of the planet. What else is new?

Quote Originally Posted by DumbAss Tanker View Post
    Yeah, bullshit, any proof that is offered just gets dismissed with "That's just partisan rhetoric," or "Those are just anecdotal incidents." Sure, there are places where it works as you describe; there are also plenty of places where 'Community organizers' have the system so thoroughly corrupted that, like any other political machine, if you go through the right people and are from the right constituency, the right levers will be pulled and buttons pushed to give you your prize, because the oversight and accountability is provided by agencies that are as involved with the machine and its political power as is always the case where one party has long-term dominance in government.

Soak it in hot water, kid.
    If I had that type of genie, I'd wish for something much better than welfare.

I don't want less than eight hundred dollars a month to live off of. I want a two story brick house and a separate house on the beach. I want to speed as much as I want to on the road with no tickets. Oh, and I almost forgot. I want to never answer to the local, state, or federal government for anything ever. That's what I might ask for if I was a selfish, lazy person with a genie to pull all the strings for me. Why would others be different? You mean their dream in life is really to live off seven hundred dollars a month in the ghetto or trailer park? Really?

Internet is important if you are looking for a job. Nearly every employer, right down to some of these fast food places are requiring an application to be filled out online.
    Proof? Linky?

The employment office down the street form where I live allows people up to two hours on their computers to fill out applications (which isn't much time when you consider how long it takes to fill out an application, you might be two or three done at the most). Our library allows up to four hours.

A friend of mine from Florida would have to travel almost forty-five minutes from where he lived to get on a computer to fill out applications. Apparently, my area has resources that aren't so readily available in some of the other areas.

So, let me get this straight. People don't need a phone or internet even though one can save your life and the other is practically a requirement to get a job.
    Nope and the bolded above in YOUR statement proves that.

Food...shelter...THOSE are examples of necessities. Cell phones internet and cable TV are not.

And FWIW...you can get a basic hard wired phone with no call waiting or voice mail or any other bell or whistle in most places for about $15.

However, it's a big, huge tragedy if the rich pay more in taxes? Okie dokie.

How much more do you want them to pay before it's ok with you?

And you wonder why I'm a Democrat. Not really a Democrat. An independent, but I can't bring myself to vote Republican and junk like this is why.
    No we know why. Cause you're an idiot. You'd rather give up your independence and have the Government step in and do everything for you.

No REAL independent would want the government to be in our lives as much as you do.

You're just too chicken shit to admit you're a hard core Lib just like your friends on DU.

Now run along and whine some more about how mean I am cause I don't fall for your bullshit.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

That was awesome.
    That was one of the lamest...most moronic rants ever posted on CU.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Internet is important if you are looking for a job. Nearly every employer, right down to some of these fast food places are requiring an application to be filled out online. The employment office down the street form where I live allows people up to two hours on their computers to fill out applications (which isn't much time when you consider how long it takes to fill out an application, you might be two or three done at the most). Our library allows up to four hours.

A friend of mine from Florida would have to travel almost forty-five minutes from where he lived to get on a computer to fill out applications. Apparently, my area has resources that aren't so readily available in some of the other areas.

So, let me get this straight. People don't need a phone or internet even though one can save your life and the other is practically a requirement to get a job. However, it's a big, huge tragedy if the rich pay more in taxes? Okie dokie. And you wonder why I'm a Democrat. Not really a Democrat. An independent, but I can't bring myself to vote Republican and junk like this is why.
    To paraphrase another post:

Originally Posted by Lanie
    And yet Republicans - oops, make that DEMOCRATS - have never been able to prove that's the case with most recipients...

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Wood View Post
    And ditch the $35/month cell phone (doubtless with the data plan) and get a free phone from the government. He meets the qualifications.

I'm assuming the $710 is SSI benefits. Why isn't he getting food stamps to help with groceries? Why does he have such a high copay on his meds, is he asking for name brands instead of generics? Medicaid should cover it if it's necessary.

His Section 8 deal sucks if he's renting in government housing. $209? He could find cheaper housing than that.

I work too fucking hard to be having my money stolen from me for putting people to death.

But yet you will pay for a woman to kill her baby. Nice logic there ... Stupid liberals ....

People have to realize that the douchebag in question is a libtard. He is just complaining because he can't get anyone who works for what they have to pay more out. He is a lazy ass welfare bum who refuses to get a job. So screw him. He wants to play disabled person, that is his prerogative. Either way, I am sick of paying for the lazy ...

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....

My father once needed an ambulance in the middle of the night and my mother had to scream and beg to be let in to borrow the phone.
    What was wrong with her phone? You can dial, and reach, 911 from any telephone in the country, even if that phone has no service.
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.