Thread: OMG...Dinner at Flemings tonight!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 OMG...Dinner at Flemings tonight!!! 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    We just got back from Flemings!!!

What a greyt dinner and the best part was the $50 card they had sent us in the mail. It expired today
    so we had to use it or lose it.

We both had the Prime Rib special...it was sooooo good!

We also shared a Lava Cake with fresh whip cream...this was really good tonight. And we have another
    dessert in the fridge for tomorrow!!

Even the puppies will get some good stuff in the morning!! The only thing off was we should have ordered
    the meat done medium, not medium rare. I like red meat but it was a little too rare for even me. No worries,
    I still ate all mine!!!
    May the FORCE be with you!

I didn't eat all my prime rib, just way too much. You should have seen Bella Blue put her paws up on the counter, trying to get closer to that bag with my meat. I've never seen her do that in front of us. It must have really smelled good to her.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Oh Shut Up!!! I just got cut from 1800 cals/day to 1740 - because I've lost 12 pounds.

I LOVE, love, love good, medium rare, Prime Rib. My daughter makes it better than any restaurant out there.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.

Prime Rib is my favorite thing to order in a fancy restaurant, although my favorite places to get it are gone, for the most part. Sayfee's in Grand Rapids was really good, and the Mountain Jack's chain of restaurants had an excellent and affordable Prime Rib.

Great Lakes Shipping still has a restaurant in GR, though.

Power CUer
    I definitely enjoy the food at the Fleming's near us, but the noise level is insane. Hope that wasn't an issue at yours.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    I definitely enjoy the food at the Fleming's near us, but the noise level is insane. Hope that wasn't an issue at yours.
    Ours is very loud too and the place was packed as this was the last day of 50 buc coupon. Not a major concern unless you were there for a bidness meeting. They are going to be running a Mother's day brunch so we may hit that also.

Power CUer
    I'm just more and more cranky about noise levels accompanying what is supposed to be "fine dining". When I'm paying a hundred bucks a person or more for dinner I want to enjoy conversation at a conversational level, not screaming across the table at each other to be heard.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    I'm just more and more cranky about noise levels accompanying what is supposed to be "fine dining". When I'm paying a hundred bucks a person or more for dinner I want to enjoy conversation at a conversational level, not screaming across the table at each other to be heard.
    Understood, I've been there another time when it wasn't packed and the noise level was ok.

Publix had Porterhouse on sale this week.

I fired up the barbie and made one this weekend, slathered with Hickory Barbq sauce. I even made a red wine/blue cheese sauce to go with it.

It was medium-rare.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    Publix had Porterhouse on sale this week.

I fired up the barbie and made one this weekend, slathered with Hickory Barbq sauce. I even made a red wine/blue cheese sauce to go with it.

It was medium-rare.
    Did you make a lot of noise when you ate it?
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg