1. #1 Margaret Thatcher is dead 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Yay! Let the Grave Dance commence!!

Mon Apr 8, 2013, 08:12 AM
    malaise

Margaret Thatcher is dead

Now let's bury their neo-liberal New World Order.
    No tears here.
    In another thread she tells her fellow DUmmies she's started drinking toasts already...
    May the FORCE be with you!

2. #2 DU is such a classy place. 
    There was more courage and statesmaship in Margaret Thatcher's heart than all of leftist America including DU. None of them are even fit to stand in her presence. Godspeed to Lady Thatcher and prayers for her family.
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

Politics aside, she was an important figure in the history of women in leadership. She was really the first woman to lead a major nation in the modern world.

American Thinker's Obituary:

April 8, 2013 Baroness Thatcher succumbs to stroke at age 87

Thomas Lifson
    Baroness Margaret Thatcher, known as the "greengrocer's daughter" who revitalized Britain with conservative economic policies and brought down Soviet communism in cooperation with Pope John Paul II and Ronald Reagan, died today of a stroke at the age of 87.

Her passing marks the end of an era, as her fellow victorious cold warriors preceded her in finding their ultimate rewards. She was known as the "Iron Lady" with good reason: her famous advice to not "go wobbly" provided the iron backbone necessary to stare down communist tyrants and Argentine generals alike.

In an era of economic stagnation and malaise, it is worthwhile recalling how as Britain's first (and so far only) female prime minister, Mrs. Thatcher confronted the entrenched interests of the Labour Party, and liberalized the hidebound British economy, jettisoning uneconomic coal, steel, and other unionized industries that were bleeding the national wealth, and freeing up investment in productive areas, that helped London become the world's preeminent financial center, among other benefits.

We will not see another Margaret Thatcher. May she rest in peace and be rewarded for her great contributions to human freedom. Oleg Atbashian's poster is a fitting tribute:

Page Printed from: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/...at_age_87.html at April 08, 2013 - 08:35:13 AM CDT

Rest in Peace. You've earned it.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Power CUer
    Kudos to a job well done, and a rest well earned.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Politics aside, she was an important figure in the history of women in leadership. She was really the first woman to lead a major nation in the modern world.
    Was she before Indira Ghandi?
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Was she before Indira Ghandi?
    No, and I thought of Gandhi when Noonwitch said that. Perhaps she meant the western, developed world. There was also Golda Meir, in Israel, before Mrs. Thatcher.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    No, and I thought of Gandhi when Noonwitch said that. Perhaps she meant the western, developed world. There was also Golda Meir, in Israel, before Mrs. Thatcher.

I meant major country/world power.

I much respect Golda Meir and Indira Gandhi, but neither of their countries were really world powers at the times that they held office.

Liberals are always predictable.

Criticize Obama's policies and it's HATE and RACISM.

Say the following outright hateful things about Margaret Thatcher, a woman, and it's OK because they are justified in how they feel and what they say because it's --TRUE-- in their warped world.

DonCoquixote (5,360 posts)
    5. The only regret I have about her death

Is that it was from Natural causes, and not by an executioner's blade.
    Star Member malaise (104,464 posts)
    7. My mom always said 'speak the truth and speak it ever

cost it what it will...'

Fuck Margaret Thatcher - She and the other scumbag have destroyed more lives with their neo-liberal rape of humanity that I will celebrate her departure and replace that champagne I was saving for Cheney.
    Star Member rhett o rick (25,875 posts)
    15. Ding Dong, the witch is dead.....
    Star Member truebrit71 (16,743 posts)
    88. I had nothing good to day about her when she was alive. Why should that change just because she died

She was a despicable, evil, cold-hearted b*tch...that doesn't change simply because she croaked...
    Prophet 451 (6,840 posts)
    45. Good riddance to the evil old fascist

I'm sorry. I'm not even going to pretend to be sad at the death of someone who wrecked our country and that I utterly despised. She was utterly and deliberately evil, that bloody movie was the biggest whitewash this side of Dulux and I'm glad she died and disappointed it wasn't sooner.
    I'm beginning to rethink my skepticism that liberalism is a mental disorder. Clearly some of the symptoms are an inability to accept that others think differently and an inability to feel anything other than hatred toward them; considering them an enemy all the while patting themselves on their back at how loving, accepting, and tolerant they are.

And the above comments by the oxygen thieving Dumbasses are the reason I will never shed a tear or send condolences to their families when bad things happen to them. In fact I will celebrate their pain and suffering and wish them a slow and painful departure from this world and on to the next...which will involve eternal suffering in the pits of hell.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf